Vitamin D Calculator
By Naveen Agarwal
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The vitamin D calculator is designed to assist users in estimating intake of vitamin D and calcium from foods, multivitamins and casual sun exposure. Commonly known to be essential for healthy bone development, vitamin D is a hormone involved in many different types of cellular functions inside the body. This calculator is a simple and easy to use tool for everyone.
The result of the total daily calculation of vitamin D is broken down under food sources (dairy, fruits/vegetables, fish/meat, cereal), multivitamin and sun exposure. A pie chart provides percent intake of daily vitamin D and calcium from these sources.
The vitamin D calculator has the following main features:
1. User profile tab – enter name, age, height, weight, default zip code, country and skin type
2. Calculator tab – enter amount and type of food for each meal (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner). Select multivitamin if used and enter time for sun exposure. Finally, calculate daily total.
3. Get social tab – connect on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube for useful tips, practical tips and videos.
A status bar keeps track of user data for different meals, vitamins and sun exposure. The user can also save the daily calculation.
Other features are:
1. Help manual on how to use the calculator
2. Frequently asked questions about vitamin D
3. Submit a question to an expert
4. Provide feedback
*NEW FEATURES ADDED Jan 2014!
1. Compatibility for Canadian food values and provinces
2. Added Calcium totals as well as Vitamin-D
3. Added many new food types to choose from
What's New in Version 3.4
- Screen formatting
- Bug fixes
Doesn't seem to work
I put in all my data but nothing shows up at all. Terrible app.