Vivino Wine Scanner
By Vivino ApS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JOIN THE #1 WINE APP: Shopping for wine, dining out, invited to dinner or just looking to try new wines? Vivino is your partner in wine, always with you and ready to help you pick, remember and share your wines.
Take a photo of any wine label to uncork pricing, ratings, reviews, food paring suggestions and recommendations from the biggest community of more than 8 million wine lovers.
• Get to know any wine in seconds with a simple scan of a wine label
• Dining out? Take a photo of the wine list to see the ratings and reviews
• Remember the best and worst of wines and discover new favorites
• Find the best wine deals and buy online
• Get an overview of your personal taste profile and learn about the wines you love
Install the #1 wine app today and uncork a simple tool to a complicated world!
Best of all: It’s free!
• Take a photo of any label for instant information on the wine
• Get to know the entire wine list: Take a photo to see ratings and reviews
• Check prices to find the best deals and buy wine online
• Find wine merchants in your area with Nearby and see pricing
• See popular and trending wines in your area with weekly updated Top Lists
• Connect with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Contacts
• Like and comment on your friends’ wines to have a little more fun
• Follow Featured Users to see what the wine-savvy crowd enjoys
• Save wines to your Wish List to cheer yourself up on a rainy day
• Browse wines, ratings and reviews from more than 8 million users
• Upload photos from your photo album to add to your wine list
• Scan offline: Images are saved and upload resumes when you are connected
Get Vivino Premium and unlock even more exclusive features:
Personal Buying Guide
An inside track on little-known wines with rave reviews. Custom-tailored to match your taste and wallet & delivered bi-weekly
In addition to Vivino ratings, Premium customers may also compare ratings from other leading wine critics – all in one place.
Insider access to up-to-date pricing on every wine from over 50,000 merchants worldwide, helping you choose the best deal
Manage Your Cellar:
A simple, paper-free way to keep track of your old gems and new discoveries. Access your collection anytime, anywhere.
Skip the line when you scan a wine that Vivino doesn’t recognize. We’ll prioritize your scan and get a match to you in moments.
Vivino is free to download and use. Vivino Premium includes the neat features above and is available by subscription.
• Vivino Premium monthly for $4,99
• Vivino Premium annually for $49,99 (Save two months)
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your ITunes account. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless cancelled at the 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. You can manage your subscriptions in ITunes Account Settings after purchase.
Vivino is an adventurous wine app built on unique technology and a growing database of today more than 4 million wines from more than 100,000 wineries around the world. The app simplifies the path to enjoy great wines.
Vivino was founded in 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and today has offices in San Francisco, Ukraine and India.
Please note that we are not able to reply to comments or questions left in App Store reviews. If you have any support-related inquiries or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 8.2.3
• Lots of performance improvements and bug fixes!
Feedback? We’re all ears on email@example.com
Good at first - then terrible
I downloaded this app excitedly after seeing a friend demonstrate it at a restaurant. Wow. So awesome that an app can quickly recognize wines on a menu or a wine bottle in your presence. This is really nifty and super useful. I upgraded the app to allow me to upload wines I own at home - I took the time to manually load each and every wine. This worked perfectly for a solid week. Now, every single one of the wines I loaded has the incorrect picture or incorrect description associated with it despite it being correct at one point.
So, I decided to email the app makers -
Surely they had a solution - or a refund for a defective product - or at the very least an apology ...it's now been a month, and I don't even have a response to my email telling them their product doesn't work.
I have had a range of emotions on apple applications - some good - some bad - some
great. None have utterly failed without so much as an acknowledgment. Three thumbs down.
It's cool to some degree (at first) but DO NOT UPGRADE AND DO NOT PAY THESE FOLKS.
I just heard back from customer support after several weeks. They apologized for delay and offered a solution (which involved deleting app, re-installing, and signing in again). This worked and now my images are correctly matched with names and descriptions.
I had a one star experience but this has been addressed. I'm changing rating to reflect original reaction/thoughts on app.
Fun app so far...
Useful for getting an idea if a random wine seen in grocery store is a good deal or something to skip. Would still rather consult my small local wine shop owner, Chandler, at Neighborhood Hops and Vine who always can suggest a great wine for usually less than $12. App would be better if they had small wine shop owners be guest commentators. People who are experts and love to share their knowledge with their patrons give the best advice in my experience. Hopefully, this app will help supplement that wonderful source of entertaining knowledge of wines that Chandler offers.
Love this app ever since I knew it
I love this app, and feel so happy I knew it. You can just snap a picture of your wine tag, and it will give you what they are. Sometime it makes some little mistakes or mismatch, but you can always ask for their team finding it for you, and it is super quick, at least much faster than I thought. Highly recommend this app, and the app also has pretty interface, which only makes me like it more.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 8.2.3
- Size: 63.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Vivino ApS
- © Vivino Aps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Vivino Premium$4.99
- Vivino Premium$49.99