Vivint Smart Home
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Vivint Smart Home app is a complete smart home control system that connects doorbell cameras, security cameras, smart thermostats, door & window sensors, smoke detectors, and more into a single user interface. Our simple, intuitive app eliminates the need to switch between different home control apps or walk through the house flipping switches by hand. With the Vivint Smart Home app, you get to live more and manage less.
Note: Vivint Smart Home SkyControl panel and service subscription required. Call 877.788.2697 for free installation.
With the Vivint Smart Home app, you can:
• Arm home security systems from bed to sleep more peacefully
• Optimize climate controls for comfort and energy savings at once
• See and speak with front-door visitors from anywhere with Vivint Doorbell Camera
• Remotely lock and unlock doors for visitors with Vivint Smart Locks
• Get mobile notifications when garage or front door are left open
• Operate garage doors from anywhere within cellular or Wi-Fi networks
• Make sure kids arrive home from school with the Ping indoor camera
Note: If you're looking for the app that supports the Vivint Go!Control Panel, search and download the "Vivint Classic" app.
What's New in Version 3.8.2
This is a patch release for the 3.8 release. This helps a small set of users experiencing issues with the 3.8.1 release.
This release includes three major upgrades to the app experience.
• Playback 2.0 - Improvements to Playback include: thumbnail scrubbing, loading times, improved UI, etc.
• Multiple clip deletion - Though clips are not stored on the device, some users like to curate their viewing experience. This update allows users to delete multiple clips all at once.
• Demo mode - Everyone will be able to download and test drive the Vivint Smart Home app. When users open the app, they can either ‘Sign In’ or try ‘Demo’ to get a feel for the smart home experience.
In addition to these features, there were stability and quality improvements. If you have feedback or experience any issues, please contact us at email@example.com.
Good app with room to improve
I switched from ADT to Vivint and I am very pleased. The application experience alone is much better than ADT's new version (8.0.x). However, there is always room for improvement.
TouchID or password should be required everytime the app is opened or one should be allowed to adjust the time frequency.
Though I love being able to see whether my garage door is opened or not, I beleive it should be not be so easy to toggle. My wife discovered today how easy it is to accidently open the garage door and could be a problem when one is away. Pehaps some sort of confirmation should be required.
Integration of devices such as Philips Hue hubs and lighting should be easier. Though I was able to add Philips Hue to my system it sees it as an outlet rather than a hub.
I do love how easy one can toggle sensors and how the alarm arms quietly when done from the app. I look forward to future updates.
App needs fixed!
The app is great it just needs an update. On mine and my wife's iPhone 7 plus the whole right side of the screen you can't scroll up or down in the app the left side works perfectly. All other apps work fine just the Vivint app. I know it's probably an easy fix. Also I've been looking forward to a new update for the sky panel Thanks!!
With the new update. The app works great!! Thanks for listening and fixing the small issue. Awesome Support!!
It's a start...
The good: the app is nice looking, and has a consistent look and feel and general operation of the panel. That is nice. Everything but video seems to work pretty well.
The bad. Seems fixed now. Previously videos were hit or miss as far as them actually loading. This has improved and I haven’t seen an issue with this in the latest version.
The annoying: There is no 3D Touch as there was in the old go!control app. So you can just hard-press arm the alarm. Or hard-press turn on lights. Hopefully that will come but it was a feature I used in the old app all the time. Not being able to do that is annoying.
Overall, if you have a sky control panel, you are going to use this app because there isn't really another option. Hopefully it gets updates and features added.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 14, 2017
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Vivint, Inc.
- © Vivint, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.