iViewer is developed to allow users to monitor locations remotely by providing access to surveillance camera video directly from iOS handheld device.
The re-designed and easy-to-use interface allows users to monitor live video from hundreds of cameras within their fingers. The user may access cameras managed by VAST (central & video management software), VIVOTEK NVR, or make direct connections to individual cameras via IP address or LAN search. The iViewer also allows access to two way audio for camera, PTZ and PiP screen control, fisheye dewarp, snapshot and the capability to playback recorded video from VIVOTEK VAST, NVR.
• H.265 Support
• Multi-Stream Selection
• PTZ Control
• Fisheye Camera Dewarp (1O,1P,1R Mode)
• Fisheye Camera Local Dewarp (Depending on Streaming Camera)
• Two-Way Audio (For Camera Only)
• Timeline Playback
• Change Layout in Liveview Page
• DO Control for Camera
• Hardware Decode
• Integration of VAST Windows AD Log-in (VAST v1.12 or above)
• Support VAST Sub-station
• VIVOTEK Camera SD card Playback
• The HTTPS Encrypted Connection between iViewer and Camera/NVR/VAST (v1.12 or above)
• Supports handheld, mobile and tablet devices
• iOS 9.0 or Later
• iPhone X, iPhone 8 Series, iPhone 7 Series, iPhone 6 Series, iPhone 5 Series and iPhone 4s
• iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad (2nd generation or above)
• iPod touch (5th generation or above)
• VIVOTEK Network Cameras (7000 & 8000 & 9000 Series) (Function limited in 7000 Series camera)
• VIVOTEK NVR (ND & NR Series)
• VIVOTEK VAST
What’s New in Version 3.10.501
• General bug fix
• General bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Update from last message
Just updated to the new fix thanks it fixed my problem. You guys really do a good job and listen to the issues we have
We are deeply sorry for your inconvenience. The issue has been fixed in 3.10.102. Please update to the the latest version of the app. If you have any questions, please contact us using the in-app technical support. Thank you for your patience.
Does not work with FE9181
I'm pretty sure my port forwarding is setup correctly because I can see the camera using a URL. But this app just shows a green checkmark after adding the camera and constantly spins the blue circle indicating some sort of loading. The camera feed never shows up and there is no error or no way of knowing which stream I'm looking at. Also, the in-app technical support doesn't work
We are deeply sorry for your inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact us using the in-app technical support. If it doesn't work, you can contact us at official website: https://www.vivotek.com/contact. Our engineers will help you ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
Not a replacement for the old version
So... I paid a lot of money for the old iViewer. Yesterday, on October 27, 2014, Vivotek released the last update for that app. Instead, they direct me to download this new v.3 replacement. I see that it's free, I see that it is no longer compatible with the iPad and that there is no separate iPad version, and I see no other new features. I understand the need for "under the hood" improvements, but how can an iPhone app completely replace a universal app? Back to IP Cam Viewer again, which beats the pants off this big corporation app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.