VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· We adapted VLC for the new iPad Pro by adjusting the App and bringing external screen support and FaceID to our iPad Pro users
· We brought the double tap to fullscreen feature to all devices, while still letting you double tap to jump back or forward on the sides of the screen
· Multiple files selection is now possible with iCloud Drive
· Fixed an issue where you couldn't log into the app if you killed it while setting a passcode
Ratings and Reviews
Used to love this app, but stopped working properly.
This app used to work great. I use this app regularly to watch class lectures I’ve downloaded to my laptop. I used to be able to easily upload the video files to my iCloud or airdrop them to my iPad and then just copy them to my VLC library. I think the problem may have occurred following an iPad update a few months ago, but since then I only have the option to “open” a video in VLC rather than copy it, and that doesn’t even work. The app opens and the video neither play nor appears in the library. I’ve even tried grabbing my file through the cloud services on the app as well with just as little success. I also tried deleting and re-installing the app. Nothing. The only way to get videos into the app now is to connect my iPad to the laptop and use iTunes, which I find highly inconvenient. It takes longer and I hate using iTunes. Please fix this!!
Just need a little bit upgrade !!
This app is very good for IOS. I only have some ideas, hopefully your team can think about it. When i use my galaxy , i install Mx Player to watch movies, it is very convenient to use. Whenever i go back, just click on play button and i can continue to watch my last movie that I haven’t finished yet. But on this app I didn’t see that, and the list after i transfer my anime movies (over 800 episodes) to my phone. The list wasn’t sort by name or number, everything mess up and very hard to find next episode. Would you please can fix it to make everything more easier. And the right side to swipe up and down to control bright, look like it didn’t work probably. I’m still rate 4 stars for your app.
Wish you can fix it and make the app more greater.
Best wish for your teams and have a good day!!
It it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
I’m a big fan of VLC. It’s one of my go to players on Windows, and so it only is natural that I’d use it on iOS as well. App was working fine, then some update just wrecked havoc and copy over wifi became buggy and “next” button on my iPhone SE froze the app while it was running in the background, forcing me to restart. Then last update seemed to fix these problems and I’m more than happy now HOWEVER, I will most likely never update it again. It has all I need -for now- and I don’t see myself updating it anytime soon, aka never again. So thank you, VLC developers, for being awesome and not making your app have features locked behind a paywall. I will continue being a loyal user and recommend your app to my friends but will probably not recommend updating it to anyone.
- 135.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.