VLC iRemote Free - (Remote Control for VLC)
By Luka Mirosevic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VLC iRemote lets you remotely control your VLC Media Player in style. For your Mac, PC or Linux.
••• Featured multiple times by Apple! Thank you! •••
VLC iRemote is the most carefully crafted and advanced VLC remote control app on the App Store. Elegant design meets meticulous code engineering to bring you an app that's beautiful, super easy to use, and "just works".
• Elegant & intuitive user interface
• Automatic discovery of VLC Media Player (that actually works; across Windows, Mac and Linux)
• Automatic configuration of VLC Media Player on Mac and PC using our helper tool
• File browser (works with external and network drives too)
• Playlist editor
• Media Library
• On-the-fly playlist
• Full 10-band equaliser
• Aspect ratio
• Audio track and delay
• Subtitle track and delay
• Playback speed control
• Saves all your VLC Media Players so you can control as many as you want
• Album art
• Lots of skins for personalisation
• Supports VLC on Mac, Windows and Linux
• Works with VLC versions 1.x and 2.x
• Manually adding libraries supported
• Designed for iOS 6 and iOS 5
• Supports iPhone 5
• Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
What some of our users are saying...
Gpaws, UK (5/5 stars):
"By far the best vlc remote app. Super easy to use. Beautiful. Works out of the box with no configuration. Does everything it needs to. Thanks"
Molly61, UK (5/5 stars):
"Struggled with the other remote, but gave up as it would not configure properly. This worked perfectly straight away."
EvilAlbert, US (5/5 stars):
"Looks good, fast, and easy to set up. Best VLC remote on the app store"
Pandapumpkin, UK (5/5 stars):
"I've tried a few vlc remotes but this one is by far the best."
by, US (5/5 stars):
"I love it"
We released a helper app to automatically configure your VLC player for secure remote control access. You can get it from www.goonbee.com/vlc
*This is the free version of VLC iRemote designed to let you try the app before buying it, so some features might be locked.
What's New in Version 4.2
• Easier in app setup guide (now has pictures!)
• Mac OS X helper app has been improved
• Minor UI improvements
• Lots of under the hood performance improvements
• Lots of bugfixes
• Fixed crash when restoring some In App Purchases
• Improved Linux support
• Lots of bug fixes
• In App Purchases are now much more user friendly!
• Performance enhancements
Browser only works on one computer
I have two PCs with VLC. Setup is pretty easy (manual or with program). VLC control works fine. But then I paid for the browser, and it only works on one PC. Contacted their support, but the message was just "this works." Except that apparently sometimes it doesn't...and the browser was the main thing I wanted out of this app.
Waiting and waiting and waiting for compatibility update
The developer still has not made it compatible with any version past VLC 2.0.x. Last email sent over a month ago with not a single response or acknowledgement. At this point, I’m going to have to consider my in-app purchase "used up" and just move on.
I've followed every suggestion in the FAQs at the goonbee site and it just doesn't automatically recognize vlc on the Mac. I don't know what's wrong but I'm giving up after spending the last hour trying to make it work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 29, 2013
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Luka Mirosevic
- © 2013 Goonbee
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Edition$2.99
- Playlist Editor$1.99
- Advanced Controls$1.99
- No Ads$0.99