By Hobbyist Software Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer to your iDevice. Winner *Best Entertainment App* Chip.de.
You can watch anything from your movie collection. No need for complex conversion processes. No need to manually transfer programs to your device.
“Can these guys do no wrong? Seriously, if only other app devs knew how to make apps as well as these guys, the world would be a better place. Or at least my device would be less buggy. I was just watching a Full HD copy of Avatar Extended Edition being streamed from my PC on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation and it looked and played amazingly.”
- UK Reviewer
“…it's as good as having the original VLC player on your iOS device…”
“…Setup is a snap and literally takes 2 seconds. You can browse through all your movies from your device and click any one to start playing. It even works if you have the movies stored on a USB drive connected to the host computer.”
-The Times of India
“Took me seconds to setup to stream from a secondary drive in my home office. Going straight out to get a cable for my TV.”
- USA Reviewer
“….This sucker can stream off the pc and plays virtually anything you throw at it. Download it now!”
- TaxiDriver at Blippy.com
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
• Features include •
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Stream over wifi directly from your computer
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- Customisable gesture controls
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
- Airplay support
- TV Out support for iPad and iPhone4
- Easy to copy movies directly to your device for watching on the plane or out of the house.
- Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above
• System Requirements •
- VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM.
- VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
- Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above.
• Response to feedback •
-If you do have any problems streaming movies, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.
What's New in Version 3.15
Fixes issues with airplay streaming (continues when device locks)
Ensures that sound plays as expected with the device mute button
Fixes for playing copied movies on iOS5
Exactly what I was looking for
I bought this back in November 2013 but never used it because the streaming was slow. I eventually figured out it was a setting on my host computer's Ethernet card (the setting made ANYTHING on my LAN slow). Ever since I fixed that it's been working flawlessly on the highest quality settings. After the initial buffer the videos NEVER pause to buffer. It even plays my videos in rar files. The other alternatives (Plex, Air Video HD) DO NOT and requires me to unrar them before I'm able to play them. If you're looking for a streamer this is the one to go with. It's added so much more value to my iPad since I started using this app.
VLC Streamer = Awesome!
VLC Streamer simply does exactly what it's supposed to do. I was streaming movies and videos to my iPhone in a matter of minutes. It was so easy.
I was able to navigate directly to one of the external drives hanging off my iMac, that has all of my movies and videos made with my GoPro.
It converts your file to one of three resolutions so, the next thing I'm gonna try is, choosing the HD resolution and sending it the TV from the iPhone via Airplay and the Apple TV.
So easy it was like magic. Just don't forget the VLC Streamer helper app that runs on your computer.
No idea why others are complaining that it doesn't work... It works GREAT!
Great app for kids and adults
Got this because I didn't want to fill the space on our iPad for the kids to watch they're movie collection. Install on Mac choose file and it instantly starts loading, you can even watch as it loads. Movies or shows or only loaded to stream which is perfect for those like me who don't want to download it onto their device, but you so have that option. Also selecting quality, video size and scaling is another big bonus. Thanks guys for this awesome app. Totally worth $1.99, heck it's worth $4.99!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 05, 2013
- Version: 3.15
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Hobbyist Software Limited
- © 2010 Hobbyist Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.