VNC Client - Universal App
By Evolve Networks
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your big screen on your pocket screen. Anywhere.
VNC Client allows you to connect to any computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) using your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. The app uses Virtual Network Computing (VNC) to connect to any computer that has an VNC server installed and running.
* Standard VNC protocol using encrypted password.
* Because it is an universal app you only have to purchase the full version once and then use it on all your devices.
* VNC Client emulates the mouse. You can left-click, right-click and even double click. Drag & drop is also implemented.
* Zoom and pan the computer screen as you would do in the Safari browser.
* with a single tap you can send common key combinations for OS X (Show/Hide Dock, Show Desktop, Expose, Logout, etc) and Windows (CTRL+ALT+DELETE, WIN KEY + D, etc) . To enable them you have to choose the OS type from the Server Info screen.
* hide the upper bar to get a full screen view of your desktop
* iPhone 5 ready. If you own the new 4 inch iPhone 5 or iPod Touch, you can use the whole screen with your VNC Client.
EASY TO USE:
To start using VNC Client tap "Add Server" from the upper toolbar. Add a name for the entry, the hostname (or IP address), your password and choose the port of your remote VNC server (default is 5900). Tap the upper Servers back button to save the connection.
In the main screen you will see the new entry. Tap on it to connect, swipe it to delete it or tap the disclosure icon ">" to edit the computer's informations.
Be aware that iPod Touches tend to work slow when you connect to high resolution computers.
The app is free so you can download it and test it with your PCs configuration without having to pay in advance. If it works with your configuration (routers, firewalls, etc) then you can disable the ads by purchasing an in-app product that costs 0.99$. The app in it's free version is a fully functional app, so you can test every option before deciding to buy.
After purchasing the in-app feature on one device, you can disable the banners on all your devices (iPads, iPhones, iPod Touches) without having to pay again, as long as you use the same iTunes account.
If the ads are shown again after a reinstall go through the purchase process again to remove them. You won't be charged again. This only re-activates the in-app product on the device.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
* fixes layout issues in iOS 7
* fixes ads reappearing in iOS 7 after the app closes.
Banner is a show stopper
I tried using for a vnc connection from iPad (2) to raspberry pi running tightvncserver. I was able to connect and complete basic manipulations. There was a blue band across the raspberry image but otherwise the desktop was good. The app shut down several times as I tried to use lxterminal and idle editors. It seemed related to when I was trying to quickly perform tasks like one does when you miss a target so quickly re-aim and touch again. The show stopper for me was the banner which occupied a major area of the top of the screen. When I opened certain applications (idle 3 for example), the top of the application was under the banner leaving no way to drag it into view or to see or access the menu bar . Not usable at all with the banner unless you can guarantee your application will launch below it.
I connected to a Mac and to a Mint Linux server. Very fast and responsive for VNC. No confusing options some VNC clients have to support archaic nonsense I imagine. With this I just put in the IP address and that's about it. There's a banner ad up but you can get rid of it for 99 cents. Can't believe how much money all the other VNC client apps are.
Paid for ad removal but NONE?
I downloaded this app and paid for ad removal. I then deleted the app from my phone and at a later date reinstalled only to find ads back with no 'restore purchases' button. What's up?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 02, 2014
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Evolve Networks
- © @2012 Evolve Networks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- No Ads VNC$0.99