Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VNC® Viewer is the only remote access app you’ll need. Why? Because…
* It’s from RealVNC®, the inventors of VNC remote access and control technology.
* We’ve 20 years’ experience making the remote control experience as good as it gets.
* There’s no limit to the number of computers you can access, nor how long you can connect in for.
* We support the widest range of platforms in the business: www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/tech-specs/
* It’s free to use whether you’re connecting locally or over the Internet (and you won’t see an advert, either).
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews! Then check out the hidden costs of other remote access solutions…
We recommend you try this out at home or in the office first:
1) Make sure your computer and iDevice are connected to the same Wi-Fi-enabled local network.
2) Install this app on your iDevice.
3) Download VNC 5 to your computer and apply a Free license, or take a 30 day trial of our premium security and performance features.
When you’re ready to go out and about:
5) Make sure both computer and iDevice are connected to the Internet (for example over 4G, or from a Wi-Fi hotspot).
6) Configure the computer’s firewall to enable VNC.
7) Configure the computer’s router to forward port 5900.
For more information on steps 6 and 7, see www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/documentation/latest/getting-connected/
===Security and privacy===
When you connect, you’re asked for credentials (this is to protect your computers if you share or lose your iDevice). We’re often asked what these are:
* If you applied a Free license to VNC 5, enter the password you created when you installed it on your computer.
* If you applied a paid-for license (or took a trial), enter the username and password you normally use to *log on* to your computer.
We don’t want to hide anything from you, so please note that connections will only be secure (encrypted) if you applied a paid-for license to VNC 5 (or took a trial). Connections to a Free license are fast and responsive, but we hope you’ll understand that end-to-end encryption is a premium feature.
===How to control===
Your finger moves the mouse cursor rather than clicking where you touch, as you might expect with a touchscreen. While this may seem counter-intuitive at first, you’ll soon appreciate the fine-grained control it gives you of a high-resolution computer desktop (especially from the small screen of an iPhone!)
Mouse operations are performed by gestures. So to double-click, position the mouse cursor appropriately and then tap the screen twice. To see which gestures we’ve mapped to other click, drag, and scroll operations, tap [?] on the toolbar to open the help.
To type, open the keyboard from the toolbar. Function and other special keys (such as Ctrl, Alt, Delete, and the Cmd key on a Mac) are available from a sliding bar above the keyboard.
As for the rest: it’s as though you’re sitting in front of your computer! There’s simply no limit to the applications you can run, data you can access, nor operations you can perform…
We’d love to hear from you:
Better still, leave us a review!
RealVNC and VNC are trademarks of RealVNC Limited and are protected by trademark registrations and/or pending trademark applications in the European Union, United States of America and other jurisdictions. Protected by UK patents 2481870, 2479756; US patent 8760366.
What's New in Version 2.4.0
NEW: Connections can now be made view-only at any time.
NEW: The Windows key has been added to the scrolling key bar above the virtual keyboard.
The Authentication screen now displays VNC Server's address, catchphrase and signature in order to make this important security information more prominent.
FIXED: Users who lack permission to view the desktop can now successfully connect to VNC Server. Instead of the desktop, they will see a checkerboard.
Great & secure
My tried & true remote control app for years and it's still great. Love that it supports RealVNC's enterprise encryption for a secure connection without VPN or other tunnel. Finally added a Windows key on keyboard -- thanks! This new version feels a lot faster to connect, which is unexpected and amazing.
Crashes on half my connections
Half the units I try to connect to with this version cause the client to close immediately after login...me issue to this version...disappointing.
Crashes on Connect
Wish this hadn't updated- it now crashes on connection. Can't get a connection to anything with this new version. Hoping I have the old version saved somewhere so I can download immediately. Be careful upgrading.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 19, 2015
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RealVNC Limited
- © 2010 RealVNC Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.