Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VNC® Viewer is the only remote access app you’ll need. Why? Because…
* It’s from RealVNC®, the inventors of VNC remote access and control technology.
* We’ve 20 years’ experience making the remote control experience as good as it gets.
* There’s no limit to the number of computers you can access, nor how long you can connect in for.
* We support the widest range of platforms in the business: www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/tech-specs/
* It’s free to use whether you’re connecting locally or over the Internet (and you won’t see an advert, either).
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews! Then check out the hidden costs of other remote access solutions…
We recommend you try this out at home or in the office first:
1) Make sure your computer and iDevice are connected to the same Wi-Fi-enabled local network.
2) Install this app on your iDevice.
3) Download VNC 5 to your computer and apply a Free license, or take a 30 day trial of our premium security and performance features.
When you’re ready to go out and about:
5) Make sure both computer and iDevice are connected to the Internet (for example over 3G, or from a Wi-Fi hotspot).
6) Configure the computer’s firewall to enable VNC.
7) Configure the computer’s router to forward port 5900.
For more information on steps 6 and 7, see www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/documentation/latest/getting-connected/
===Security and privacy===
When you connect, you’re asked for credentials (this is to protect your computers if you share or lose your iDevice). We’re often asked what these are:
* If you applied a Free license to VNC 5, enter the password you created when you installed it on your computer.
* If you applied a paid-for license (or took a trial), enter the username and password you normally use to *log on* to your computer.
We don’t want to hide anything from you, so please note that connections will only be secure (encrypted) if you applied a paid-for license to VNC 5 (or took a trial). Connections to a Free license are fast and responsive, but we hope you’ll understand that end-to-end encryption is a premium feature.
===How to control===
Your finger moves the mouse cursor rather than clicking where you touch, as you might expect with a touchscreen. While this may seem counter-intuitive at first, you’ll soon appreciate the fine-grained control it gives you of a high-resolution computer desktop (especially from the small screen of an iPhone!)
Mouse operations are performed by gestures. So to double-click, position the mouse cursor appropriately and then tap the screen twice. To see which gestures we’ve mapped to other click, drag, and scroll operations, tap [?] on the toolbar to open the help.
To type, open the keyboard from the toolbar. Function and other special keys (such as Ctrl, Alt, Delete, and the Cmd key on a Mac) are available from a sliding bar above the keyboard.
As for the rest: it’s as though you’re sitting in front of your computer! There’s simply no limit to the applications you can run, data you can access, nor operations you can perform…
We’d love to hear from you:
Better still, leave us a review!
RealVNC and VNC are trademarks of RealVNC Limited and are protected by trademark registrations and/or pending trademark applications in the European Union, United States of America and other jurisdictions. Protected by UK patents 2481870, 2479756; US patent 8760366.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
· Keyboard auto-correct is now disabled again by default, so commands sent to a computer’s CLI are executed as intended. If you want to auto-correct spellings (in a Word document, for example), make sure Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-correct is turned on and additionally turn on 'Use auto-correct if available' in the VNC Viewer app’s settings.
· FIXED: The toolbar should no longer get in an unresponsive state.
Outstanding again. Thanks for having acted quickly
I rated this product several times. At one point it had a very small bug which has been fixed a long time ago. This product is as close to perfection as one can get.
What you just saw was my opinion until version 2.3.2 with auto-correct (predictive) appeared. Being able to turn it off just in a given session is not enough. Please provide a new item in the settings allowing to turn it off until it is really needed. Depending on the application one runs on the distant machine, auto-correct can generate huge chaos.
A few days after I wrote my suggestion to provide a new item in the settings, so that auto-correction can be turned off, you came up with a new version having precisely this feature. Thanks. VNC is perfect again
Solid and reliable. Run your desktop computer (Windows or Mac) from your iPad or iPhone.
I use this app all the time and love it. It's like running Windows or OS X on your mobile device. Because you're accessing your computer through a network rather than sitting in front of it, there is some lag time, but that's completely understandable.
The way that you access all the special keys from a full keyboard is executed almost flawlessly.
If you want to access your computer from an outside network, like over an LTE connection you'll need to open up and forward some ports on you home or office router or preferably use a VPN as I do. For security I'd highly recommend that you use a VPN. Once properly configured, you'll be able connect to and control your personal computers from anywhere in the world over any network.
This is probably the best VNC app out there and I've tried several. I highly recommend that you buy it.
Good and reliable
I've been using the app for a while, and it never fails to work perfectly. Even when off wifi, the connection is always relatively upstanding.
It required me to portforward and set up a static DHCP in order to be able to access it always on mobile, but if you're using this through the same wifi network, none of that is required.
Overall, it's a very good app, and necessary for any tech enthusiast.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 07, 2015
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RealVNC Limited
- © 2010 RealVNC Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.