Vogue MK2 Synthesizer
By Victor Cerullo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Eight-voice standalone MIDI synthesizer with built-in effects, microtonal capabilities, 120 preset sounds (more free sounds available on the website) and an extensive library of tuning files. Just plug a MIDI keyboard and play!
• eight-voice polyphonic
• hybrid synthesizer engine (virtual analog and wavetable)
• 9 VA waveforms, 78 wavetable, white noise
• three oscillators per voice, with individual sub-oscillators
• true monophonic mode (three voices at unison)
• single LFO with 6 waveforms
• multi-mode filter (low/high-pass, band pass/stop)
• ring modulator, chorus, flanger and phaser pre-filter effects
• stereo delay with cross and reverse functions (3 seconds max delay time)
• stereo reverb with freeze mode
• easy-access modulation matrix
• microtonal pitch-bend (self-adapting to tuning scale steps)
• 120 factory preset programs
• receives MIDI Tuning Standard SysEx messages
• compatible with Max Magic Microtuner mtx tuning files
• library of 3,000+ tuning files included
Detailed reference information can be found in the Readme file stored inside the "Vogue MK2 Synthesizer" Application Support folder following installation.
Minimum system requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.6, 2.26 GHz Intel processor
- MIDI keyboard (or software equivalent)
What's New in Version 1.8.6
Fixed bug causing the app to hang at startup on some Macs.
While other companies are charing up the you-know-what for virtual analog synths, Mr. Cerullo is making the world a better place by sharing the succulent fruit of his labor in a philanthropic manner. Bravo, and thank you, sir! The Vogue MK2 is exactly what I needed to start experimenting with analog synthesis without losing an arm and a leg. The fact that it’s polyphonic puts it in a class above most of the pricey hardware synths out there. I use an 88-key Korg Triton as my keyboard, and given my classical background and the type of music I make, I would have little use for a monophonic synth. The Vogue is the answer to my prayers! :D
This program is not Apple and User friendly.
Software Developer needs to make this program honest. This software can not be used with anything except his other software Max Magic Microtuner that cost $60 dollars. It won’t allow you to record with Garageband or use UVI to use the sounds. I think this software needs to be taken off as most Apple customers expect it to be compatible with Garagband and other possible recording software. I would like a refund because it is totally useless.
This synth has all of the features of a much more expensive synthesizer. It allows for midi key binding, occilators, filters, envelopes, banking, effects. It also comes with pre-set banks of sounds. Buy it while it is still selling for cheap, it is worth the price!