Voice Dream Reader
By Voice Dream LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read with your ears! Voice Dream Reader is a widely acclaimed desktop-class app that reads articles, documents and books out loud. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable visual layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style and level.
Featured as Best New App in 81 countries including the United States.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- DRM-free EPUB eBooks.
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Experimental rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported as text.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased from iBooks and other commercial eBook distributors have DRM.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
- Fixed issue of words occasionally getting repeated.
- Fixed issue loading certain DAISY audiobooks.
- Actions on selected text in Rich Text layout now works.
- Web Site content source now stores user logins.
- Fixed spotlight search.
- Author field now available for Bookshare books with images.
- Added Finnish localization.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Hands-down the best TTS app available for iOS
This was a fantastic app and was vastly underpriced when I paid $9.99 for v2.x back in the beginning of 2013!
Since then it has received SEVERAL great updates adding a ridiculous amount of new features!!!
VDR has gone from great to WOW!
SETS THE STANDARD!
The entire app has been redeveloped from the ground up and greatly imporved! Even though they are YEARS ahead of their competitors Voice Dream continues to innovate and improve upon what is already an App Store gem!
One request I have for future versions (if it's not too much trouble) would be the ability to see the total number of titles that are available in your library/or folder
Thank you so much for continuing to support and update this app!
hopefully people keep leaving reviews with suggestions and this app keeps getting even better!
keep up the great work!
WILL NOT READ
DRM protected material! (e.g. iBooks, Google play books, kindle books etc. ) CAN NOT be opened using this app!
BACK UP BEFORE OR ACTIVATING iCloud SYNC!!
I LOVE this App
The app is completely and utterly worth every penny. Whenever I do not have enough time to read an article, news story, or short paper, I copy the text and have it be read to me in the Voice Dream App. Some voices are a little more robotic, but preview all of the voices and you will find one that you like. I prefer "Paul", bought the voice and use him primarily for narrating whatever I want to hear something read to me. I have saved so much time because of this app. I highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to save time or have something read to them.
This app was just what I needed! Now I can finally listen to articles on the long drive to work.
My only request is to add an option to say the article's title before reading the content. Without it I don't know what just started playing.
Keep up the great work!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 06, 2016
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 69.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Voice Dream LLC
- © Voice Dream LLC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- James (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Paul (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Salli (Ivona US English Voice)$4.99
- Will (Acapela US English Voice)$2.99
- Julie (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Bridget (NeoSpeech British English Voice)$2.99
- Kate (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Tyler (Acapela Australian English Voice)$2.99
- Amy (Ivona British English Voice)$4.99
- Sharon (Acapela US English Voice)$4.99