Voice Dream Reader
By Voice Dream LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Featured as Best New App in 81 countries including the United States and Apple App Store Permanent Collections in Education.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- EPUB eBooks. (DRM-free books only. Kindle and iBooks are not supported.)
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Experimental rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported as text.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased on iBooks, Kindle and other commercial eBook platforms have DRM.
What's New in Version 4.4.6
- Fixed file loading issue for some new installs.
- Improved TTS start time for Asian languages.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
If you enjoy using Voice Dream Reader, please give us a 5-star review. Thanks!
My most used app
It’s amazing how much time we have on the road, waiting for people, doing chores etc. By listening to Voice Dream during these fragmented sessions, I managed to finish many books that I were almost certainly not able to finish reading on my own. I probably spend on average 1.5-2 hours on this app. Most of the time, listening to books is probably a better use of time than listening to podcasts or music.
Developers’ quick response and fixes after iOS 11 was released has been amazing. Kudos to them for making such a great app.
I travel a lot for work, so it's fantastic for those long car rides to catch up with my reading, both for pleasure and business. And I do use it for work quite a bit -- I read a lot of research articles, but I always find myself reading the articles out loud (when I'm alone). I'm need to hear things spoken to really absorb them, and this app has been invaluable to me. Especially for slogging through those long, highly technical papers which can be torture to read. Great app, keep up the good work.
Worth every cent
I am totally happy with this app.
A few ups and downs but bugs get fixed very fast.
It has many features that are superior to other similar apps. Eg. Being able to click on any part of the page and it will start reading where you clicked.
It works much better on a iPhone 6 than the 5.
Highly recommend it
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 4.4.6
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Voice Dream LLC
- © Voice Dream LLC 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- James (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Paul (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Salli (Ivona US English Voice)$4.99
- Will (Acapela US English Voice)$2.99
- Julie (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Hugh (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Kate (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Tyler (Acapela Australian English Voice)$2.99
- Amy (Ivona British English Voice)$4.99
- Bridget (NeoSpeech British English Voice)$2.99