Voice Dream Reader
By Voice Dream LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read with your ears! Voice Dream Reader is a widely acclaimed desktop-class app that reads articles, documents and books out loud. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable visual layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style and level.
Featured as Best New App in 81 countries including the United States.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- DRM-free EPUB eBooks.*
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Experimental rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported as text.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased on iBooks, Kindle and other commercial eBook platforms have DRM.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Fixed problem with NeoSpeech voices.
So sorry for the inconvenience.
Great concept well executed
I am in medical school and textbooks are now all online. It bothers me that i have to go to different websites through different databases every time i want to look something up from a text-and this requires internet. But voice dream reader allows me to pick the chapters I want and store them all in one place for quick reference. This app doesnt require internet!! Love that i can listen to my textbooks while driving, exercising, or even sleeping (hoping unconscious knowledge diffusion is possible). Anyway, one of my favorite features of this is that i can search either an individual pdf or can put in key words in the search button on the home screen and see which pdfs contain what I'm looking for. Can be a little slow but considerinng how much Ive stored on here i dont blame it. I can even upload powerpoints into the app. I could also see it being useful for storing reference articles for researchers and im sure there are many other great uses of this app. Thanksss!!
One of the BEST APPS EVER!
Phenomenal app! I use this and have used this almost daily for about four years! Excellent support! I have received a reply to every question I have asked via email! These guys rock!! I use this to read and review, email, websites, books, and in some cases even have imported audio books that would not open in other apps! Well worth the cost! Love the option of purchasing additional voices, which can also be customized in the app! If I had to surrender all of my apps but one, this is the one I would keep!! Thank you Voice Dream Reader! Hugely appreciate the work and support for the past four years!
It's good, but there's just one problem
I enjoy this app very much. Yes I do. I like the voices. Maybe you could add some more. Maybe you could create some celebrity voices or something. That would really bring some joy to this app. The app is good, but there's a problem that I faced. When I was trying to use the Laura voice in a book, it wouldn't work. I tried to download it again. The app told me that the download was successful. When I tried to use the voice with the same book,, it still didn't work. Yes, the neospeech and ivona voices, but maybe a few acapella voices need fixing like Laura's voice.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 88.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Voice Dream LLC
- © Voice Dream LLC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- James (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Paul (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Salli (Ivona US English Voice)$4.99
- Will (Acapela US English Voice)$2.99
- Julie (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Kate (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Hugh (NeoSpeech US English Voice)$2.99
- Bridget (NeoSpeech British English Voice)$2.99
- Tyler (Acapela Australian English Voice)$2.99
- Amy (Ivona British English Voice)$4.99