Voice Reader Text to Speech
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW: Inclusive convenient “search for” and “go to” function ●● Professional voice output in 21 languages, 32 voices ●● Simple copying of texts from emails, websites, documents, notes or other applications ●● Convenient reading out anywhere and at any time ●● Opening of PDF as well as text files (Unicode) ●● Entering and dubbing of own content ●● Thanks to multi-tasking, Voice Reader reads to you comfortably in the background ●● Reading out of PDF files
► Hot Mac Apps
Even though you get all these options, I was really impressed with the quality of the voices and how understandable they are. They are not harsh and could actually read you a story if you felt like typing that much into the screen. Overall Voice Reader Text to Speech is definitely worth the $1.99, it has to be the best text to speech and also text to speech translator I have seen for a long time.
► apps affair
Voice Reader Text To Speech for iOS devices is a new app that reads any text to you in one of 32 voices spanning 21 languages. You can copy and paste text into the app or drag text in using iTunes file sharing feature, then play back or email the resulting audio file. It can also play the audio files in the background while you multi-task.
► The iPhone App Review
For the two dollars Voice Reader costs, ($1.99 in the App Store) users can enjoy quality text-to-speech capabilities, a smooth interface, and support for a wealth of different languages. It’s a solid affair, and one that won’t disappoint those in need of such an app."
► iPhone Foot Print
With Voice Reader text to speech you can do a lot more than just converting boring text to speech conversions. You can create new ringtones in different voices, play jokes on people in voice instead of plain text, brush up your foreign language skills and do a lot more you can imagine.
► Application for iPhone
It is clear that reading, particularly on the iPhone or iPod is tedious. Listening is much easier. This way you can listen to presentations, documents, speeches, notes or have exam material read to you or even create your own audio book."
*** VERSATILE AREAS OF APPLICATION AND POSSIBLE USES: ***
● RELAXATION AND READING AID:
Discover how much more relaxing and comfortable it is to have texts read out to you rather than trying to tediously decipher them on the small screen.
● BRUSH UP YOUR FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Our reading voices will help you learn how to pronounce even complicated words.
● DUBBED ANTHOLOGIES AND AUDIO BOOKS:
Create your personal audio book. (Note: Please bear in mind the character restriction of the online voices and use offline voices if necessary.)
** * FEATURES AND BENEFITS ***
● Professional voice output quality
● Extensive and expandable range of voices:
The scope of delivery already includes a total of 32 online voices for 21 languages (20 female and 12 male speakers): Danish, German, English (UK + US), Finnish, French (France + Canada), Greek, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil + Portugal), Russian, Swedish, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Czech, Turkish and Hungarian.
When using online voices, you can have up to 2,000 characters read out to you per file. There is no character restriction when using offline voices.
● Diverse reading options and pause control
● Straightforward management and advanced export function. Convenient Voice Reader Editor functions: “search for” and “go-to”.
● Advantage of offline voices (to be purchased separately):
- No Internet connection is required for reading out and creating the audio files.
- No character restrictions.
- Audio files are generated directly on your device.
- Selection Function
What's New in Version 2.7.0
ICompatible with iOS 7
WORKS OFFLINE, good voices, but mangles some punctuation
I tried this and it's competitor Natural Reader. I prefer this because:
1) it will work offline - a great plus for me
2) I prefer it voice (I found even paid Natural Reader voices to still be too mechanical-sounding.
I knocked off one star because it mangles some punctuation, so before I load a doc I will edit out any suspect punctuation so it reads correctly...
Especially, you need to get rid if hyphens and semi colons or it will pronounce them!
However, I can tolerate this apps voice, which is the biggest draw for me.
Generally very good, but...
Could be better. Really, I think the only complaints I have are bugs. Like, for instance, it tends to be VERY difficult to scroll. It always wants to go back to the curser after about one second of scrolling, which is a pain. And the voice will randomly insert things in between sentences every now and then and say things such as "e e e @ e e and e @ e" or " the Count of Monte Cristo et don Quixote [incomprehensable] et Los Animagus." The former occurs more often than the latter, but they are both quite aggravating. But it's a generally good reader and I like that I can listen offline.
Awesome for sales people
This is by far the most important app that every sales person should have. It gives me the ability to maximize my efficiency when driving. Who had time to read white papers anymore anyway?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 04, 2013
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Linguatec GmbH
- © 2013 Linguatec
Top In-App Purchases
- Olivia: English (American) female voice$0.99
- Kate: English (British) female voice$0.99
- Jacob: English (American) male voice$0.99
- William: English (British) male voice$0.99
- Rosa: Spanish (Mexico) female voice$0.99
- Alejandro: Spanish (Mexico) male voice$0.99
- Carmen: Spanish (Spain) female voice$0.99
- Antonio: Spanish (Spain) male voice$0.99
- Claire: French (France) female voice$0.99
- Ana: Portuguese (Brazil) female voice$0.99