Voice Reader Web
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
●● Reading out web pages online or offline with just one click, directly in the browser ●● 32 voices in 21 languages ●● Saving web pages offline ●● Comfortable text view without images and adverts ●● Voice Reader Web – the browser that goes further!
► 148 Apps (Jennifer Allen)
As a disability aid, Voice Reader Web looks to be fantastically useful. There are other benefits to for the likes of car drivers or people who just want to relax and listen to a website rather than read huge amounts of text. Audio segments can be saved in a variety of different formats too for later consultation. It’s an all round useful app indeed.
► Hot Mac Apps
Its integrated with a safari like browser and you can have any webpage read out loud to you in a choice of 21 different languages with 32 different voices. (4/5)
► The iPhone App Review (Luke Patrick)
However, Voice Reader Web’s real godsend is its ability to read any viewable website back to the user. All one has to do is slap the audible button along the bottom, and away Voice Reader Web goes, drawling out the text in the specified voice. Speaking of voices, there are currently 32 voices in 21 languages, each of which sounds pretty decent. (4/5)
► Mac How (Jim Shaw)
Some people absorb information quicker when they hear it and others when they are multitasking. If you are one of these people then this is the app for you.
Use the professional Voice Reader Web to read web pages comfortably with its voice output, benefit from the optimized and fast view when website surfing on a small display and retain your favorite sites simply by pressing the save page offline button on your device. This is most important if no WLAN hotspot is nearby, or if you're going abroad.
Loyalty bonus for all Linguatec fans: If you already bought a Voice Reader Text-to-Speech offline voice, you can use it free of charge in Voice Reader Web!
● Professional speech output quality
● Comprehensive and expandable voice selection, choose among 32 online voices for 21 languages
Using the online voices you can have up to 4000 characters per website read out to you. When using the offline voices ($0.99 each), the number of characters you can have read out to you becomes limitless.
● Sophisticated reading options + pause function
● Fast and reader-optimized text mode
● Comfortable offline web page storage at the touch of a button
● Versatile adaptability of voices and browser: Read-out speed, pitch, volume, audio format (m4a, caf or wav) and quality (8, 16, 22 kHz), font, font size, night read-out mode, search engine selection, bookmarking.
● Intuitive user interface
● Expandable range of functions
Additional offline voice options with many benefits:
- INDEPENDENT: reading and creation of the audio data requires no internet connection
- UNRESTRICTED: there is no limit to the number of characters you can use for reading out
- FAST: generating the audio data happens on your own device.
- PROFESSIONAL: extra read-out options with marker function.
Note concerning Websites with secure login: Depending on the type of encryption unfortunately some websites can’t be displayed or read out with Voice Reader Web.
The natural-sounding Linguatec Text-to-Speech Voice Reader 15 in 45 languages for private and professional use is also available for Windows PC (Vista, 7 or 8). Read more on our website www.linguatec.net
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Update for iOS 5.
Can't cut and paste URLs! Pages that don't allow text selection unreadable
On my old iPhones this was someone useful. On the new iPhone 6s (maybe ios9?) I can't paste a URL copied from safari into this app. This is a regression I believe, and it renders the app nearly useless. I am not going to be tricked into using this app as my search engine. Here's how it works best: I see an article I want this app to read for me, I copy the URL, paste it into this app, select the text I want it to read, and press play. Without the ability to paste a URL I will probably never use it.
Half of what I want
It works, but because it has it's own browser, guess what? Yep, you guesses it, their browser doesn't reflect the same stories as the original site. They have some of them but they are either censoring what you can see or the stories presented on your favorite sites for some reason aren't always reflected in this "browser". So, I want to hear a storuly while I'm driving? Well it may not show up in hi
This browser. Further, it only lists hyperlinks from your favorite sites, not the actual site.
Doesn't read long pages
The text to speech of this app is excellent, and it keeps speaking after you close the phone.
However it only speaks a short amount of text without you doing an in-app purchase of an "offline voice". And even when you buy an "offline voice", it still will not speak the full amount of a long web page (such as an Internet RFC).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 20, 2011
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Russian
- Seller: Linguatec GmbH
- © 2011 Linguatec
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Olivia: English (American) female voice$0.99
- Kate: English (British) female voice$0.99
- Jacob: English (American) male voice$0.99
- William: English (British) male voice$0.99
- Rosa: Spanish (Mexico) female voice$0.99
- Alejandro: Spanish (Mexico) male voice$0.99
- Carmen: Spanish (Spain) female voice$0.99
- Antonio: Spanish (Spain) male voice$0.99
- Olga: Russian female voice$0.99
- Claire: French (France) female voice$0.99