Travel Voice Translator Linguatec
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
+++ Speak and understand foreign languages in a matter of seconds and make yourself understood all over the world ● First worldwide interpreter with Bluetooth chat (Shake & Connect) ● With accurate speech recognition, translation and voice output. +++
Translating languages has never been so fun!
►The iPhone App Review
One of the most powerful voice translating apps on the market.
Translates better than most apps - Offers the ability to store phrases - Easy to use
The voice responses are extremely life like and can be customized with either a female or male speaker. Its simplicity is amazing, yet its ability is astounding.
The app is user-friendly, straightforward to use, and will save you loads of time.
● TRANSLATIONS IN UP TO 63 LANGUAGES
● SPEECH RECOGNITION FOR 33 LANGUAGES
● VOICE OUTPUT FOR 38 LANGUAGES with 53 speakers
● Supports you worldwide whether travelling, in business or when learning a language – now even with offline folders
Requires Internet connection! Translations and their voice output can easily be saved in offline folders.
- Clear user concept including Voice Over support: Just select language pair, touch speaker symbol, start recording or enter text and immediately listen to or read the translation.
- Brand new: GET CONNECTED - Communicate in different languages via the patent-pending Bluetooth-chat with users of other iPhones, iPads or iPod touches in your vicinity! Simply shake your mobile device to establish the Bluetooth connection.
- Pop-up menu makes it simple to read out, copy or edit dialogues, or to share them with others by e-mail or SMS.
- Save your translations and the voice output easily in offline folders and be time efficient by creating favorites of already dictated or entered text.
-Alter the target language quickly and easily during a conversation. This means that conversing is simple even with three or four participants speaking different languages.
A WEALTH OF DIFFERENT USES FOR E.G.:
Businessmen and -women, sales and marketing staff, technicians, doctors, lawyers, school and university students, teachers, travellers, social workers, administrators and everyone who communicates in several languages.
- Possibility of modifying character font and size, color contrast, flag display
- Variety of voice settings
Linguatec is one of the pioneers in the field of speech and language technologies. In 2004 we have been awarded the renowned European IT prize for “Beyond Babel”, the first speech-to-speech translator for PCs. Since then the underlying technologies have been continuously improved.
Machine translation of course can't be as reliable as a trained human interpreter.
However in most cases these translations are understandable and makes conversations between you and your friends or colleagues possible, that otherwise might not take place.
For best results please use short sentences, aim for a clear and steady voice, dictate punctuation marks and minimize background noise.
The natural-sounding Linguatec Text-to-Speech Voice Reader 15 in 45 languages for private and professional use is also available for Windows PC (Vista, 7 or 8). Read more on our website www.linguatec.net
What's New in Version 1.5.0
Performance improvements. Minor bug fixes. Translations and their voice output can now be saved comfortably in offline folders. Have access to your dialogues in different languages even in the airplane or in areas without internet connection. Be prepared!
Please be sure to use a stable Internet connection. If the connection is lost, please repeat your entry in Voice Translator.
Since we are still optimizing our Voice Translator App, your suggestions are very welcome. Please send us directly an email to email@example.com. Because we want you to be happy with our products and services!
FAQs you will find under: www.linguatecapps.com/voicetranslator/faq
Translation is ok
You can tell a really great translation app by saying something in a foreign language and having it translate to English, Then saying it in English and having it translate back to the foreign-language. As you know, a lot is lost in translation and this app doesn't seem to quite get it right. In a pinch, the other person would understand what you were talking about so it would definitely get you through the day in a foreign country but you always have to be careful of translations and how people take them.
It's pretty great how the other person can read what is spoken as well which should help clear up most of the confusion if there is any. Also, it's a great learning tool for learning how to read a foreign language.
I think this app is very GOOD, but even with the iPhone volume set to its highest,the volume output is still not high enough. Is there a way you can increase it, through the software programing. It could also use a speed control.
Speaks too fast
Good translations, but the speech is way too fast to learn from.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 15, 2013
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Linguatec GmbH
- © Linguatec
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.