Experience the magic of GPS audio walks, cycles, drives and even boat rides with VoiceMap tours in over 100 cities worldwide. They’re like podcasts that move with you, to tell stories about what you’re seeing right now.
VoiceMap’s audio guides are produced by insightful local storytellers, including journalists, filmmakers, novelists, podcasters, and tour guides. Sir Ian McKellen has even created a tour. It's around London's West End, where he has performed for over 50 years.
* VoiceMap works offline. After you download a tour, the audio will be available offline along with an offline map.
* With GPS autoplay, you can focus on your surroundings, not the screen. Just load a tour, plug in your headphones and let VoiceMap guide you.
* If you do wander off in the wrong direction, VoiceMap will play an audio alert, and you can follow the map on your screen to the next location.
* With hundreds of free and paid tours, VoiceMap offers huge variety.
“Great value for money, interesting and very clear and easy to follow! I learnt lots about London I didn't already know and I have lived here over 30 years.”
London’s Alternative History Tour
"I loved the tour, bought all of the New Orleans ones you had and have already recommended it to two people. As an amateur photographer who likes to take his time it was great. I will without a doubt continue to use the app."
Faith & Courage: Metairie Cemetery Stories, New Orleans
“Loved this! Real eye opener for me as a new resident of Singapore who thought this only an island of foodies and engineers. LOL! Please produce more soon!”
“I did my first VoiceMap tour and the Chanel tour blew me away. I can only recommend.”
Coco Chanel's Paris
"My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this 'talk and walk'. A real eye opener and superbly narrated. This is a first class experience, our first with VoiceMap, and we look forward to using this program frequently in other cities. "
Witches Riots and the Cold War, Berlin
At the moment, VoiceMap has audio guides in the following regions and cities:
* Buenos Aires
* Kutná Hora
HONG KONG (CHINA)
* Hong Kong
* Ocho Rios
* The Hague
* San Juan
* Cape Winelands
* Cape Town
* Cape Point
* Port Elizabeth
* Bridgend County Borough
* Portland, Maine
* Sonoma Wine Country
* New York City
* New York State
* Washington, D.C.
* New Orleans
* Austin, Texas
* Palm Springs
* Los Angeles
* Catalina Island
* Portland, Oregon
* San Francisco
* Point Reyes, California
**Just so you know, GPS runs in the background while you're on a tour. This decreases battery life and it's best to start a tour with your device fully charged.
* We've fixed Facebook sign up for users who have the Facebook app
* We've also squashed an intermittent bug that prevented the Explore screen from loading on some devices
* A bug fix for devices still running iOS 10.3.3
* Improvements to our Dutch user interface
* A new language! We now offer audio tours in Dutch as well as English, German and Mandarin.
* Lots of new, under-the-hood options for tour creators, including separate voice, music and FX locations, bearing-sensitive playback, and tours without a fixed route.
* New features for tours that don't follow a sequenced route.
Ratings and Reviews
Allerona, Umbria Walking Tour
The quaint medieval village of Allerona comes alive during this entertaining walking tour.
I loved the mix of history, local lore and personal experiences of the tour guide, who happily makes her home in the village.
I highly recommend it.
Fun way to work with my students and help them learn about our city. Plus the tour is easy to use!
Good way to explore a new city but not sure even Depeche Mode would enjoy the silence ...
I'm a big fan of GPS guided audio walks. They're informative, convenient and accessible. Used a couple in Toronto recently and found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable way to explore a new city by myself. The GPS was pinpoint accurate, but that necessitates staying on course. Had to check the map (via the app) a couple of times when I missed a turning. Other similar apps allow you to sync with friends and they fill in the space between locations. However, this app seems to have much more cities to explore which is appealing. Don't get the sense this app is moving forward so maybe a merger with "Detour" would be the best option. VoiceMap's cities and Detour's technology & production capabilities would be awesome!
- Audio Guide Pte. Ltd.
- 42.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German, Simplified Chinese, Xhosa
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 VoiceMap Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- $1.99 VoiceMap audio tour $1.99
- $2.99 VoiceMap audio tour $2.99
- $3.99 VoiceMap audio tour $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.