VW Car-Net® Security & Service app. Start the ultimate car connection. With Remote Vehicle access, check if your doors are locked, if you have fuel for the morning drive or even activate the horn and lights. Can’t remember where you parked? There is a handy little map that shows where your vehicle was last parked1. This newest app version includes NEW features such as Valet Alerts, Curfew Alerts, and Parking Information when searching for a POI.
VW Car-Net Security & Service is available on the following 2014 and newer models: CC, EOS, Beetle (Convertible and Coupe), Jetta (SE with Connectivity, SEL, TDI, GLI, and Hybrid), Passat (SE, SEL Premium, including TDI and VR6), Tiguan (SE, SEL, R-Line and Limited); model year 2015 and newer Golf/GTI/R/SportWagen and e-Golf models; Golf Alltrack, Atlas and Arteon.
For additional details, go to www.vw.com/features/vw-car-net/
Features & Benefits:
• Unlock the doors
• Lock the doors (available only on VW Car-Net equipped model year 2016 and newer vehicles)
• Activate the horn and lights
• Locate where your VW was last parked1
• Search for Points of Interests (POIs) and send them to your factory installed VW navigation system
• Use this app to get the latest status (doors, windows, trunk, and convertible top and more)
• Turn on/off Boundary Alerts
• Turn on/off Speed Alerts2
• View fuel levels, including estimated fuel range (models other than e-Golf)
• View your odometer mileage3 and your next estimated days to your next service while on the go
• Check your Vehicle Health Report3 with the ability to schedule a service visit with your preferred dealer.
• Find available parking information near your POI, powered by Parkopedia3 .
• Turn on/off Curfew Alerts
• Turn on/off Valet Alerts
The following features are exclusive to the e-Golf:
• View current battery charge level3, included estimated driving range
• Choose your desired temperature settings before getting in the vehicle
• Select when to stop, start, or how much to charge your vehicle
Apple Watch features include vehicle status, lock/unlocking doors, last parked location, check fuel level/battery charge level and remote battery charging (available for e-Golf).
1. Standard text and data rates apply. Do not use feature to locate stolen vehicle. 2. Always obey speed and traffic laws. 3. Refer to your vehicle's warning and indicator lights for the most current diagnostic information. Always consult owner's manual for maintenance guidelines. 3. Requires parking facility participation. Volkswagen not responsible for accuracy of pricing & payment options, hours of operation, and features. See parkopedia.com for important information and details. Standard text and data rates apply.
©2018 Volkswagen of America, Inc. “Volkswagen,” “VW,” all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. "Car-Net" is a registered trademark of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
- Bug fixes.
- UI enhancements to the vehicle selection screen.
Ratings and Reviews
The only useful thing is sending destinations to the car's GPS from your computer. Well, it would be if it would not quite often inform me that I need to have a GPS in the car, which I do. When Carnet decides my car does not have it for a day or two, there is nothing I can do. I have been lucky so far and it has always shown me the correct location of my car, as long as it could find the car and that is a hit or miss. In case you are away and want to check if your car is still where you left it you will need some luck. It can show you for days that car is not accessible and you will not know if it was stolen, towed, or Carnet is simply not working, which is quite common. Even when it works, locating your car in the parking lot or in a few city blocks will be faster by walking around than by waiting for app to refresh. It can take many many minutes. Locking and unlocking doors is cute and mildly useless feature. Good news is that you can see if you left the window open when the clouds are gathering. Bad news is that you cannot do anything about it. You can only cry knowing the car will be flooded once you get to it. You use app when you are away from the car but you cannot close the window from the distance. Totally useless. Believe every bad review you have ever read and add some more, you will certainly have stories about frustration to tell.
I purchased a 2018 Atlas on November 20, 2017. I have been trying to set up car-net for almost a month, but I keep having issues. I called three times over the weekend the first time the person gave me the incorrect information so I called back. The second time that I called, I was advised to press the (i) button in my vehicle and that would fix it, so I hung up. Well, it didn’t work and my car said to call the 800 number. I called again only to be told that I needed to have a refresh signal sent to my vehicle, but the technical department was closed because of a storm. On Monday, I called again and I was advised that the technical department was very busy and that I could either wait on hold, call back when they’re less busy, or allow them to call me back in 1-3 business days! I received a call back on Wednesday and I was told that I had to go to the dealership to have the signal refreshed and that I needed to make an appointment with the service department to fix it. This is not what I was told over the phone on Saturday and on Monday. Now I have to take time out of my schedule to have the service department fix this and when I called my local dealership, I couldn’t get in until next Wednesday. In addition, a month of my free service has been lost because of its bugginess. Very unhappy.
I will echo what others have said - if I can get it to open (more on that later), it spools and spools until I finally give up. Now it's sending me notifications that my door is open or unlocked way after I've parked the car and locked the doors again. I was in a store last night and after about 15 minutes, my phone yelled at me that my doors were unlocked. Was someone breaking in to my car? I went out to look and nope - doors were locked. Guess I gotta turn off the notifications feature.
In the old version I downloaded the app, entered my password and pin and was then always able to use my pin to unlock the app. Now every time I go to launch the app it asks for my password again - which I have to keep resetting. I thought maybe I keep forgetting the password or mistyping but when I go out to the VW car net website I can get in fine - but I go ahead and reset the password, enter it back in the app, enter my pin, it works and then a few days later, same thing - asks for password again instead of just pin. Doesn't work - reset password - re-enter it on app.....etc. over and over.
Interface is pretty when I can get in to it?? I have better luck on the website using all of the features though.
- Volkswagen of America Inc.
- 111.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2017 Volkswagen of America, Inc., ©2016 Verizon Telematics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.