By Scott Garner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Volotic is an experimental nonlinear sequencer by artist Scott Garner. What does that even mean? It means a fun way to create songs for everyone, with no musical experience required.
In Volotic, you compose a song by arranging a selection of "towers" on a grid. Each tower has a different function for creating beats, modifying beats or triggering instruments.
Here are some points with bullets next to them:
• Over fifty tower types with more on the way.
• A selection of demo compositions to get you started.
• No musical experience is required, preset scales and arpeggios keep things sounding nice.
• Manual tuning for advanced control.
• 3D sound—drag your music to focus on different sections.
• Easily record and share your composition with Everyplay.
• Tons of new towers and handy features in Plus Mode.
Volotic was selected for inclusion in the App Store Best of 2015. Neat!
What's New in Version 1.0.17
The previous version of Volotic had a bug that resulted in a child crying. Hopefully this version will not make any children cry. If you ever see or hear a crying child, it is probably because they need to update their apps.
Also, I updated a bunch of under-the-hood stuff and hopefully didn't break every single thing.
No instructions. No sound(!) (yes I'm unmuted and the sound is maxed) and no play button. No save functionality unless you pay. Not that it matters since you can't hear $*%t coming from my new iPhone 7 plus. Lame. Don't even bother.
Edit: found the instructions buried under "app support" in the app store. They are useless.
This app proposes a much more fun way to create music!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 28, 2016
- Version: 1.0.17
- Size: 51.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Scott Garner
- © 2014-2016 Scott Garner
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Plus Mode$1.99