Volotic is an experimental nonlinear sequencer by artist Scott Garner. What does that even mean? It means a fun way to create songs for everyone, with no musical experience required.
In Volotic, you compose a song by arranging a selection of "towers" on a grid. Each tower has a different function for creating beats, modifying beats or triggering instruments.
Here are some points with bullets next to them:
• Over fifty tower types with more on the way.
• A selection of demo compositions to get you started.
• No musical experience is required, preset scales and arpeggios keep things sounding nice.
• Manual tuning for advanced control.
• 3D sound—drag your music to focus on different sections.
• Easily record and share your composition with Everyplay.
• Tons of new towers and handy features in Plus Mode.
Volotic was selected for inclusion in the App Store Best of 2015. Neat!
The previous version of Volotic had a bug that resulted in a child crying. Hopefully this version will not make any children cry. If you ever see or hear a crying child, it is probably because they need to update their apps.
Also, I updated a bunch of under-the-hood stuff and hopefully didn't break every single thing.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.