Vonneguts & Glory is a very short art game based on a passage from Kurt Vonnegut's 1969 science fiction-flavored anti-war novel, Slaughterhouse-Five. The game was created in 5 days as part of the 7dfps event.
“A healthy dose of surreality and a tiny injection of silliness.” —Rock, Paper, Shotgun
“Why isn't Kurt Vonnegut's influence seen in more video games?” —Kotaku
“A slightly more cultured take on the form.” —The Verge
- Swipe up or down to move forward or back
- Swipe left or right to turn left or right
- Tap the left or right edge of the screen to side step left or right
- Tap the center of the screen to unstab or unshoot a fallen foe
Ratings and Reviews
Minutes of 8 bit fun
Another great 8 bit game from Shaun. It may only take minutes to beat but I was smiling the whole time.
Worth a play but not quite "fun"
Don't download this game expecting a first person shooter or dungeon crawler. I hesitate to even call it a game as the only real challenge is the sometimes difficult controls. It's more of a digital art piece with the framework of a game.
Screen is tilted
The game itself is great but the screen is tilted, meaning I have to hold the iPod vertical instead of sideways like for most games, please fix
- Shaun Inman
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012 Shaun Inman
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.