Be social through voice, Q&A format. Talk about issues you like with people you love.
Start and join conversations in voice with a subscription to Vorail:
• monthly subscription enables unlimited access for a month at a time. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• annual subscription enables unlimited access and two free months. Listen to and record an unlimited number of questions and answers.
• monthly subscription is usd 4.99 per month, annual subscription is usd 49.99 per month.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Vorail in the news:
.. Dr. Mara Karpel & Your Golden Years ask the Vorail community about finding joy and happiness at http://drmarakarpel.com/sun-jan-22-vorail-com-social-media-app-global-visually-impaired-community-developer-tom-rosenthal-cellist-jen-mulhern-laura-gelezunas-puerto-vallarta/
.. RNIB App of the Month, May 2016 - Vorail (http://www.rnib.org.uk/blogs/technology-blog)
.. AppleVis Extra #43 Scott Davert and Thomas Domville talk about Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/applevis-extra-43-interview-developers-vorail
.. The Tech Doctor Blog and Podcast, Robert and Allison speak with a developer and a user of the new social media app called Vorail at http://dr-carter.com/podcasts/20160509withchapters.mp3
.. Randy and Jason feature Vorail on American Council of the Blind's Main Menu at http://acbradio.org/sites/default/files/archives/shows/mainmenu/mm20160610.mp3
.. iAccessVO Episode 15 by Ed Plumacher and Brian Fischler chat with Vorail developers at http://traffic.libsyn.com/iaccessvo/iAccessVO-015.mp3
.. AppleVis podcast by Scott Davert demos Vorail at http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/get-talking-vorail-ios
.. Blind Hour Podcast with Tom R (Vorail.com) at https://soundcloud.com/blindhour/bhp109
.. "Social networking through voice rather than vision" (E-ACCESS BULLETIN)
.. "Vorail: Social Media for People with Vision Loss" (Second Sense)
Vorail VoiceOver implementation:
.. rotor action on feeds to connect with voices and people in different ways.
.. four button touch to bring focus to tabs.
.. magic tap on feeds and inbox to pause and resume playback of questions & answers.
.. magic tap on IM screen first time starts recording, second magic tap ends and saves.
.. magic tap on record screen first time starts recording, second magic tap ends and saves.
.. magic tap during play-all on feed skips to next answer from next person.
.. scrub to return to previous screen.
Members of the Vorail community support each other, and each of us contributes to covering the costs. This version includes monthly and annual subscription in-app purchases.
Ratings and Reviews
No serious intent to reach out to the non disabled community.
Claims to the contrary, the developers of this application appear to have made no attempt to reach out to those who are not disabled. I’d say this appears to run counter to the stated objectives of the program developers. Also the developers are socially inept and not as receptive to suggestions as they claim. For example, I have suggested that there should be a delete button for in box messages or at the very least that in box messages should delete after X value. Play with the app if you like but be aware that any suggessstions you are likely to make will fall on deaf ears. Finally, if you want non disabled users to be aware of this application then it falls to you to make them aware of it as the app developers have shown no such interest.
Not worth downloading, not worth paying for.
When this app was in its early stages; I thought it was a wonderful app. But as the years went by, and the app grew steadily more popular. I realized that instead of decent and mature people; That the app was beginning to receive immature people who were focused more on bullying, and drama. I finally had to delete the app itself. Because I didn’t see what good it was doing in my life. I was becoming more stressed, and more upset at the fact that there was drama, and bullying going on. It was doing more bad, then good. When I tried to reach out to the developers about the problems that were happening in the app. I was pushed aside, and ignored. I was not the only one who experienced this. I’ve had many friends who used the app that have gone through the same experiences as I did. So this app is not worth downloading, and it’s not worth paying for.
Very nice but subscription, not so much
I've loved this app but I don't like this subscription stuff. I've used it for two or more years. You've done a great job in developing it. My only issue is with this subscription stuff. 60 bucks a year can add up really quick. Maybe you should allow people to use it but have fetures that are only available to subscribers instead of forcing everybody to pay $60 a year to be able to even use the app. I know you need to cover the cost for all of that stuff but please, let those of us who aren't fortunate enough to get that much cash to be able to continue to use it, especially those that have used it for a very long Time.
- Pixtas, LLC
- 62.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Pixtas LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Vorail $4.99
- Vorail $49.99
- Free Week Trial $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.