VOX: MP3 & FLAC Music Player
By Coppertino Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
#1 Hi-Res audio player for Mac & iPhone. Music just sounds better!
Introducing VOX Premium – Your Ultimate Music Experience. VOX Premium adds a stunning cloud streaming features and unlimited music storage without a decline in quality. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library on Mac and iPhone in a way that suits you best!
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless (FLAC, APE, WAV, DSD, etc.) audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF, and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Manage your music easily:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and Last.fm databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones controls, and Apple Remote to control the playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use the Equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library, online radio and much more;
• Scrobble to Last.fm to keep your listening stats up-to-date;
• Play any song, any playlist you find on YouTube via VOX FLAC Player, put all your YouTube songs into one media collection.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud via VOX;
• Access the largest music database in the world and discover new tunes;
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
• Press CMD+U and paste any link from YouTube to play it in VOX. You can add it to VOX collections as well.
• Scrobbling for your music stream;
Radio access for VOX Premium subscribers (**NEW**):
• 30'000+ Radio stations categorized by genres and countries!
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools of VOX Premium:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Automatically Pause playback on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen with any of your wireless output devices.
• VOX also supports SONOS wireless speakers systems.
The beauty of VOX Player is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful Music Player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you may ever need.
VOX Premium is available by auto-renewable subscriptions:
- $15.99 per month;
- $129.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after the purchase confirmation. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
VOX Premium terms and conditions: https://vox.rocks/terms
P.S.: FLAC Player, ALAC Player, Lossless Player, SoundCloud Stream Solution, YouTube MP3 Music, Hi-Res audio Player - check all of them in one VOX Music Player.
What's New in Version 3.0
VOX Music Player goes Premium. We combined all our favorite features to give music lovers the best listening experience and we call it VOX Premium. Current LOOP subscribers, in addition to VOX Music Cloud, will get Radio for free (unless purchased), and updated audio settings.
VOX Premium subscription tier includes:
• Advanced Audio Settings – BS2B Technology, Sync Sample Rate, Hog Mode, Apple’s Audio Units, Crossfade and more!
• VOX Music Cloud – unlimited cloud storage for your music. You can upload your entire music collection and then stream to it your VOX on Mac & iPhone
• Radio – over 30,000 stations from all over the world sorted by country and genre. You can add some stations to your Favorites to instantly access them.
• Sync Collections ¬– create playlists in VOX for Mac and then listen to them in VOX for iPhone. All playlists can be shared across all your devices connected to your VOX Account.
Another buy to rent experience
There’s something rotten in the heart of the Mac App Store and that’s the creeping buy-to-rent subscription model that developers are implementing in a somewhat underhand manner. You notice the a software update badge nagging you in the dock. You like the app, you buy upgrades that are fairly reasonable - why not? It’s helping to support a developer whose product you like - so without thinking about it, you click install. And then you discover the functionality you’d paid for is now only available as part of a bundled subscription service that you’ve never wanted when they nagged you for it in the first place. Seriously, $130 a year for a cloud-based “take your music anywhere” service? Does the developer realise how easy it is to sync my devices to my library in the first place?
I’ve no problem if Devs want to switch their revenue model, but at least have the decency of launching a new product with a new SKU and grandfather the old one. I wish Apple would implement such a rule,
Don’t bait and switch.
Used to be a long time customer - no more
This used to be a useful music player. I paid for the radio option, just to support the company (never used it). For those of us who just want to play our music files locally, the streaming option was not appealing. Now, features I’ve used for years are locked unless I pay $15 per month forever to basically cover the cost of a streaming service I don’t need or want. That is a price I would pay for a high quality streaming service with millions of tracks, not for a player of files I own. I can always access an equalizer by routing the app through Airfoil, but it is the principle of the thing that is so annoying. Like many other users, I wouldn’t mind paying a one time fee to use the app like before ($5-$10), but this new business model is too greedy.
“Black Friday” half price sale makes it a bit less onerous
I don’t see a cutoff date for their Black Friday half price annual subscription rate, so you might be able to still get it. As others have written here, the full price automatically recurring fee is excessive, and now you have to pay it if you want to use their sound processor/player with EQ. It’s the best that I have tried, and I’d pay $10 just for that. The subscription includes the radio streams… most of which you can get for free anyway. I don’t understand their business model, but from a user standpoint it is less than appealing. What a shame! Sound processor is five stars. Obtrusive subscription nags and pricing is one star. That equals three in my book.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Coppertino Inc.
- © Coppertino Inc. 2012-2017
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$4.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$9.99
- VOX Premium Subscription$15.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$10.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$49.99
- VOX Premium Subscription$129.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$19.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$99.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$109.99