#1 Hi-Res audio player for Mac & iPhone. Music just sounds better!
Introducing VOX Premium – Your Ultimate Music Experience. VOX Premium adds a stunning cloud streaming features and unlimited music storage without a decline in quality. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library on Mac and iPhone in a way that suits you best!
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless (FLAC, APE, WAV, DSD, etc.) audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF, and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Manage your music easily:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and Last.fm databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones controls, and Apple Remote to control the playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use the Equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library, online radio and much more;
• Scrobble to Last.fm to keep your listening stats up-to-date;
• Play any song, any playlist you find on YouTube via VOX FLAC Player, put all your YouTube songs into one media collection.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud via VOX;
• Access the largest music database in the world and discover new tunes;
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
• Press CMD+U and paste any link from YouTube to play it in VOX. You can add it to VOX collections as well.
• Scrobbling for your music stream;
Radio access for VOX Premium subscribers (**NEW**):
• 30'000+ Radio stations categorized by genres and countries!
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools of VOX Premium:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Automatically Pause playback on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen with any of your wireless output devices.
• VOX also supports SONOS wireless speakers systems.
The beauty of VOX Player is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful Music Player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you may ever need.
VOX Premium is available by auto-renewable subscriptions:
- $4.99 per month;
- $49.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after the purchase confirmation. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
VOX Premium terms and conditions: https://vox.rocks/terms
P.S.: FLAC Player, ALAC Player, Lossless Player, SoundCloud Stream Solution, YouTube MP3 Music, Hi-Res audio Player - check all of them in one VOX Music Player.
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: found the problem, but still an issue.
UPDATE: I raised my stars on this app. Since I updated a while back to an 1 teribyte Solid State Drive to make my older mac run faster I ended up moving all of my music and photos to a different hard drive drive then what Apple wants you to put them in. It took downloading another music player app, and that one not working as well, but that app gave me the reason why, it was a “Sandboxing” issue. Seems that VOX and the other app can only access music if it is located in the music folder and no where else. SO this really wasn’t a fault of the VOX creators as much as an Apple security system, so I can't fault them on that. I would sugest that VOX adds some kind of pop up warrning about the Sandboxing issue too, unless they can over come this issue.
App worked great for a year. Then one day I hit play and nothing. I watched it go down the music list greying out every song like it could not find it. I tried to delete all the songs and drag them in again and nothing. I contacted the support and they sent me a reset program and instructions and it never worked. I tried to email them back and they never responded back to me. This was last year and I tried to download the lastest version today with the same results today. It was a very simple great music app, to bad it stopped working.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that! We are working to get a major update to get it solved asap. If you've not received a response on our support desk, it might be a spam blocker. Your mail is getting trashed. Please try contacting us - here: https://vox.rocks/support; here: https://www.facebook.com/voxapp/ or even here: https://twitter.com/i/notifications?lang=en We will provide you with an assistant in order to solve the issues which you are facing at the moment!
the worst player
The main reason for one star is I deleted VOX off my computer when I found out Im using 2gigs of memory for the VOX buttons that I don't even use. the software isn't even running. I deleted VOX but its still running in activity monitor making my fan run. I still cant figure how to get it to stop. worst software ever. paid full price for this app including the radio stations that ever I haven't ever used. first of all I don't use FLAK or what ever I play MP3's. I got the VOX app on my phone also. this is another example of a company getting greedy. After I payed for the software you would think Im good, but no they had to do a subscription and want me to pay for it all again every month. I don't use the cloud I have 256 gigs on my phone so i don't need it. the player itself is basic nothing special I never even use it I use a better app that I only paid $4 for. the equalizer is bad lowers the whole signal. I hate when companies take advantage of their customers. If anyone can figure out hot to delete the VOX buttons let me know. I never seen a small program use so many resources
Developer Response ,
We bring our apologies for this negative UX you had to face with.
Please reach our tech. support desk directly - https://vox.rocks/support We will try to find a solution for this and provide you with our assistance.
Of course people love this junk. Typical “app”. Computer program written to look pretty and take your money and/or personal data. All extra functions locked until you sign up for an “account". Cappitalism at its finest. Software designed for people who don’t really care about what they’re listening too. A playlist that can only show 25 songs and cannot be streteched to show all the song info? Another fine reason to leave Apple’s ecosystem ASAP.
Developer Response ,
I would like to disagree with everything mentioned above. But, still, you are right, VOX looks beautiful! VOX is a simple and minimalistic, but powerful music player for iOS and macOS, with manageable UNLIMITED cloud storage for all your favorite music files. With sync capabilities, can play almost all music formats from the VOX cloud and locally, AU support, a huge variety of streaming sources are supported and a bundle of Audio Tweaks available! Also, we are already making a full-screen version, so stay tuned!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.