By Coppertino Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
It just sounds better! The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features & support for all audio formats you should ever need.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Rule your music with ease:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools. Thanks VOX!
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- changed mini-player mode when artwork is showed
- added manual artwork management for iTunes albums
- fixed bug with empty playlist
- memory leaks for tracks with bad artworks
- crash when external device is ejected
- Subsonic playlist now work properly
- fixed wrong displaying of device list
- removed strange radio caching when paused
Great App but… started getting “Sandbox” errors.
Vox is the best FLAC player for OSX. But… I’ve started getting Error notifications that say: “Couldn’t read due to sandbox limitations errors.” A quick Google search shows that other people have had the same problem. Vox’s solution is for the person to contact their support team. Hey Vox, since people have had this problem for at least the past 6 months, maybe you could post something on your site acknowledging that fact and what actions are being taken to remedy it? Leaving customers in the dark on these issues will only push them to find a different FLAC player.
Amazing Music App
I saw this product in a demo by the developers at MacWorld 2014. I downloaded it right away and I do not regret the change.
It is a wicked-sharp looking, super-clean user interface. The fuctionality is all there; this is the fastest and most efficient way to listen to your music, whatever the file type. It handles lossless audio like a champ; its what it was built for.
With a host of other features and with tie-ins to other music services, this app is a music must!
A must have
After about 5 years using Vox I still think it's the best music player for OS X. I found it while running away from the awful iTunes interface and never stopped using it. The new UI keeps the good style and simplicity from the old one so you get used to it very quickly.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Coppertino Inc.
- © Coppertino Inc. 2014
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases