VOX: Music Player & SoundCloud Streamer
By Coppertino Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
It just sounds better! The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features & support for all audio formats you should ever need.
*NEW* Introducing Loop for VOX™. Your personal Music storage with infinite free space, unlimited offline cache. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library between Mac and iPhone in full quality.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Rule your music with ease:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud from inside VOX.
• Access the largest database of the world’s music & discover new sound.
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools. Thanks VOX!
Loop for VOX™ is available via auto-renewing subscription:
- $9.99 per month;
- $99.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after confirmation of the purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
LOOP for VOX terms and conditions: http://coppertino.com/terms
What's New in Version 2.6.5
- Added Collections alphabetical sorting;
- Fixed crash in SoundCloud stream;
- Fixed uploading files to Loop for Mavericks and other Loop upload issues;
- Fixed bug with YouTube streams;
- Fixed some crashes related to artwork loading;
- Fixed bug with recurring Facebook authorisation window opening in Safari;
- Fixes “Watched folders” behaviour for Loop;
- Fixed playlists parsing in iTunes library for iTunes 12.3+;
- Fixed bugs with tracks drag-and-drop to playlist and tracks removing;
- Some UI and usability fixes.
Loop is what iTunes Match should have been.
Great player, great service. Vox w/ Loop on Mac + iPhone gives me all my music in full quality. Never had a problem with it.
Interesting only version 2.6.5 is available here but version 2.7.1 is available on their Website. This seems to be the norm with them, only updating the App Store occasionally but not on the same timeline as their Website version.
For some reason, the UI is the size of a phone screen, even though you’ve got an entire desktop available. As a result, it’s too cramped and hard to use when compared with any other player. It’s just not friendly enough for me to switch.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 16, 2015
- Version: 2.6.5
- Size: 27.7 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Coppertino Inc.
- © Coppertino Inc. 2012-2015
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$4.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$49.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$99.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$9.99