Voxer Walkie Talkie Messenger
By Voxer LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Voxer combines the best of voice, text, photo, and video with walkie talkie messaging (Push-to-talk PTT) in one free, secure messaging app. Featured by Apple in 50+ countries, loved by tens of millions of people, and now available on the Apple Watch.
Better than phone calls, faster than texting. Just push a button, talk and instantly communicate in real-time, live. You can also listen to saved messages later at your convenience, share text, photos, video, and your location.
Voxer works with other popular smartphones and over any 3G, 4G, or WiFi network in the world.
Join many who are using Voxer with family, friends, and teams at work to:
* Instantly communicate through live Walkie Talkie - PTT (Push-To-Talk)
* Send voice, text, photos, videos, and location messages
* Play voice messages anytime - they're all recorded
* Create messages even when offline
* Send end-to-end encrypted messages (Private chats) using the Signal Protocol
Upgrade to Voxer Pro and get access to the following features:
- Walkie talkie mode, (instantly receive voice messages even when you’re not in the app)
- Voice-to-Text transcription,
- Admin Control
- Increased storage
- Extreme notifications
- Dropbox integration and more.
Voxer Pro subscriptions are $3.99/month or $29.99/year and auto-renew.
Terms of Service: https://www.voxer.com/tos
Voxer Pro is built for remote, mobile teams that aren't sitting at a desk and need to communicate quickly. On-demand, delivery, logistics, hotels and hospitality, field service, NGO and education teams all use Voxer Pro.
We want to hear from you!
* Like us on Facebook @ fb.com/voxer
* Follow us on Twitter @ twitter.com/voxer
* Need help? Check out support.voxer.com
What's New in Version 3.21.11
Thanks for your feedback!
Need to Improve Blocking
Blocking on Voxer means you will not receive messages from the person you blocked and you cannot see their profile, but they can still see your Voxer profile, and hypothetically, if you’re in the same chat, they can still see and listen to your messages. They can still see everything you do and about you that they would hv seen had they not been blocked.
This type of “blocking” is good for stalkers or people who want to be able to see your stuff without your knowledge, but definitely Not good for people who are trying to get away from people that won’t leave them alone.
It’d be nice if blocking meant more than just not seeing messages a blocked person tries to send. Like the following:
-blocked person won’t be able to see or listen to any of your messages esp if they were sent after blocking (yes you could leave a chat they are in if you happen to know they are in that chat, but how will you know you are in the same chat to begin with if you cannot see the person you blocked? mutual friends could easily add you and a blocked person to the same chat and the blocked person would be able to see/listen to all your messages without you knowing!)
-blocked person won’t be able to see your profile info on Voxer, and you will not appear on blocked person’s contact list
-blocked person won’t be able to find you on voxer even if they know your email
Great! (When it worked)
When I first downloaded this it was amazing! I even upgraded to pro! Now it's lag city. The convenience of communication by Vox is overcast by the amount lagginess.
It's kind of like buying an automatic transmission car that stalls out and dies on every single red light. I mean sure, theoretically an automatic is more convenient than a manual car. But if it dies every single time I stop? NOPE!
Gimme the manual car back cause it at least has some reliability.
That's what Voxer is. A promise of something awesome that gets absolutely destroyed by bugs and lagging. What bugs you ask? Well:
- Audio stops when I exit the app (about 50% of the time)
- Audio stops when I lock my phone (about 75% of the time) <-- This one is MASSIVELY annoying
- The button I press to talk doesn't register at times
- Messages will partially download despite being on high speed internet
- Absolutely unusable on my computer
- Notifications are a hit or miss. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. And I still have a little notification icon after I've caught up with everything.
I wish I could use this but I'm definitely not going to be renewing my pro account after dealing with this. I'll take a simple text message that's actually reliable any day of the week.
Soo many glitches
I was really happy in the beginning with this app used it all the time.... however I’m about to delete the app because it has so many glitches weather at not letting me push the button to talk or it shuts off the speaker so I can’t have it on speakerphone while listening or talking or it glitches and won’t fully load the message a friend left or will stop playing the message at the beginning or middle or somewhere in it and takes a long time to load the message before I can even listen to it. I’ve tried restarting my phone to see if it’s my phone and it’s not. I’ve tried deleting the app and reloading it and it still has the same issues. lots and lots and lots of glitches!! super disappointed...it used to be a really good app 😕
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 01, 2017
- Version: 3.21.11
- Size: 78.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Voxer LLC
- Voxer® is a registered trademark of Voxer IP, LLC. Copyright © 2010-2015 Voxer IP, LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Voxer Pro Subscription$3.99
- Voxer Pro Subscription$2.99
- Voxer Pro Subscription$29.99
- Voxer Pro Monthly Subscription$2.99
- Voxer Pro Yearly Subscription$29.99