Enjoy safe and private Internet access with the world’s most advanced VPN.
With NordVPN app for iPhone and iPad you can privately surf the Web and secure your Wi-Fi connections against various cyber threats. Sign up for your free trial now.
Read on for more!
PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
Open the app and pick one of our 4000+ remote servers that are located in 60 countries.
STAY SECURE NO MATTER WHAT
With the NordVPN app on, all your Internet traffic is strongly encrypted and extremely difficult to decipher. What is more - we don’t keep any logs of your activity.
JUST TAP AND RUN
Click the activation button to turn your protection on and off. To select a server, simply click on the map or browse the country list.
TAKE US FOR A TEST DRIVE
Still not sure? NordVPN offers a 7-day free trial on all subscription plans, so you have nothing to lose.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE FEATURES:
- Unlimited VPN traffic
- Friendly 24/7 support
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Connect up to 6 devices under one account
- Military-grade encryption protocols (IKEv2/IPsec)
Ready to go? Try NordVPN for free now.
• NordVPN is a paid service so you'll need a subscription to get started. You can choose from three subscription plans: $11.99/month, $53.99/6 months and $83.99/12 months.
• The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• The subscription renews automatically unless the auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of your selected subscription.
• You can turn the auto-renewal off by going to your Account Settings.
• The current subscription cannot be canceled.
* The Quick Connect button in the country and city server lists is more thumb-friendly now. Bigger button = easier to tap = easier to connect.
* We improved the onboarding process for new users. This may not matter to you, but it’s going to be nicer for your friends when they decide to join the NordVPN privacy club.
* We don’t always make accidental magic but when we do – it’s the Quick Connect button looking like a fidget spinner. It was a rare case, so only a very exclusive group of users have seen our rotating button masterpiece. The thing was so funny we even considered to keep it, but we didn’t. Piff paff poof! The magic is gone.
*In the specialty servers card, the connection status was remaining green and indicating an active connection even after you had disconnected from VPN. No more discrepancies here.
* A few other pesky bugs are 404 now.
Ratings and Reviews
I find NordVPN a great service. I researched long and hard to see if there were any definite winners, and there were not. I think the biggest problem is potential conflicts of interest with the various reviewers. Still NordVPN seemed to come out at or near the top in most of the reviews, so with that I decided to give them a try. This is my first try at a VPN service, as such, so I am far from an expert in his area.
I was looking for basically three things 1)ease of use, 2) security , and 3) speed. With NVPN I have been very pleased with all three, but there is a little room for improvement. This could easily be a stellar 5 Star service if they tweaked their client apps a bit.
I have a 60 Mbps Internet service. My normal worst case is to drop to 20 Mbps. This sounds terrible, but it is not as bad as it sounds IMO. By switching to a different lightly loaded server, however, my speed only drops to around 55-58 Mbps which is basically imperceptible. Some of NVPN’s client apps make it easy to locate and select a nearby lightly loaded server and others don’t. It is important to seek out a good server if you are getting a real performance hit, so if NVPN would build this manual capability into their clients, through filtering etc, they would be exceptional and definitely 5 Star.
Not Sure What to Think of This
I’ve got an app that suggests daily apps for me and this one was on the list. I’m not very familiar with VPNs so after reading about what it does I wanted to check out what people were saying about it in the AppStore. I was surprised to see it had over 5,400 reviews.
I guess my question is, what are so many people doing online that makes them feel like they need to pay $7-$12 a month to keep secret? They only two answers that come to mind are that either they’re doing something illegal, or that they’re overly paranoid. I just watched the Better Call Saul episode where Jimmy convinces this business man that the IRS is listening to everything he does and so gets him to buy like ten burner cell phones. That’s kind of what this reminds me off.
But, that said, like I said previously I don’t know a lot about this stuff and maybe I’m the one out of the loop. But if it’s either of the other two things then I wouldn’t have a very good opinion of a company that is either making things easier for people to engage in illegal activities or is preying on the insecurities of the paranoid.
BTW, If it’s a case of me being ignorant of what’s what, I’m always open to a response that might enlighten me on the subject and change my opinion (and of course my review score).
Hello. VPN is a best way to conceal your activities online, so no one would be able to check or intercept your traffic while you are connected to a server of ours. That said, no hackers could access your device remotely, ISP could not check what websites you're visiting since all of the connections are encrypted and secured. We are fighting for internet freedom and bringing it to our users.
Do NOT BUY IT!
I bought Nord for my Mac Pro. It worked fine the first day. For whatever reason the second day I got to spend four hours on chat with their tech specialist downloading other files so that I could actually work on the Mac. It worked for about two days and then certain website start dropping off you couldn't get them. Then the second week it started cycling on and off we couldn't connect to any servers. The real problem is you have to have a VPN to contact their service tech so I have an app and a continual loop of emails. He finally gave me a way to talk to the technician the technician is all of about 10. How the technician will do for you is have you flip switches on and off uninstall and reinstall the program I've now been on with them for another hour and a half. Still nothing works and I don't want to refund my money because I've been working with them for almost 3 weeks now, which means that I've gone over the 30 day moneyback portion of their agreement. I've told them that they can keep their one-month that worked I'm willing to pay for that and they could refund the remainder. But they are insistent that I should stay with them and continue to waste my time or just let them keep the $100 I paid for a service that doesn't work.
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. Nonetheless, we would like to escalate this issue you are experiencing to our senior techs, hence additional information is required. Could you please update this comment with the ticket ID you received when contacting our support? Thank you.
- TEFINKOM & CO S.A
- 112.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tefinkom & CO S.A
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $11.99
- 1 Month $11.99
- 1 Year $83.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.