By Bitten Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
VPN Manager is the best connection manager on the App Store.
This application allows you to set rules which make your computer connect to a virtual network whenever you do a specific thing like opening an app, change networks, logging in to your computer, ...
This is very useful as saves you a lot of connecting and disconnecting.
Examples of use:
- Automatically connect to the work VPN when you open a work app;
- Automagically connect to a VPN when your computer starts up;
- Connect to a anonymous VPN when you are trying to see US-only websites;
- And much more. The possibilities are endless.
- Unlimited number of rules;
- Very low memory and CPU footprint;
- Rules based on applications and networks;
- Reverse rules.
All this packed in an application with an extremely low price.
What's New in Version 1.10
- VPN Manager now tries to keep connections alive;
- Fixed a compability problem with uTorrent;
- General bug fixes and improvements.
Some functions work great, others not so much...
PLEASE FIX THE BUG DESCRIBED BELOW!!! (I’ll gladly give VPN Manager a fifth star if you do! ;)
Here’s my use case: I’m utilizing VPN just to gain security when I'm traveling and accessing the internet thru unsecured WiFi. So, I want the VPN to start up any time I join one of several such open WiFi networks.
This app works great to accomplish this — all I have to do is set up one simple rule for each open WiFi.
Unfortunately, I normally just turn my Mac’s WiFi off when I’m done using a network, and VPN Manager doesn’t respond well to that particular event. It doesn't seem to get notified that the WiFi network has been left (I guess since all WiFi just goes down at once) and continues to try to re-connect to the designated VPN, generating frequent error dialogs, I presume in response to the “Keep Connections Alive” preference setting. If I turn off that preference setting, the app gets confused about whether the WiFi network is connected or not, and then never tries to restart my VPN when I do re-connect the designated WiFi.
This makes the app MUCH less useful than it otherwise would be.
Convenient and easy to use!!!
Very useful for me!
Total waste of money!!
Total waste of money!!!!! I gave them 1 star because there wasn’t anything lower!!!