By Jan Nutbroek
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
VPN Monitor is a status bar application to monitor and immediately reconnect a lost or 'dropped' VPN connection.
It will automatically reconnect any VPN Service* you configured under System Preferences > Network. When multiple VPN Services are configured, VPN Monitor's unique fallback feature will cycle through the list of services until a successful connection has been established.
VPN Monitor will limit your VPN downtime to the absolute minimum! The 'Always On' solution for the Mac OSX.
* Seamless integration with Mac OSX network; no VPN account duplication
* Supports all native protocols* L2TP, PPTP and IPSec
* Supports single and multiple VPN Services** setup
* Supports network locations
* Automatically switches to an alternative VPN Service when unable to reconnect
* Shows uptime, downtime, speed, reconnects and active VPN Service
* Offers a 'heartbeat' option as additional layer of security
* Autoconnect at application or system startup (add the app to your login items)
* Safe Network option for mobile users (auto switch to standby mode on trusted networks)
* Optional desktop notification message to warn for a status change
* Energy saving mode to reduce energy consumption to a minimum
*) IKEv2 is not supported, IKEv2 can only be stopped and started by Mac OSX.
**) Only 1 VPN connection can be active at a time
At least one default VPN service should be configured under System Preferences > Network, which is either the preferred connection (drag to the top of the network services list), or which has the option 'Send all traffic over VPN connection' enabled.
See VPN Monitor's built-in help for details on correct VPN configuration.
VPN Monitor has been designed to work silently and unobtrusively in the background, it's failsafe connect and reconnect approach ensures carefree operation.
By taking advantage of the world's most advanced operating system, VPN Monitor gets notified of changes in connection status and immediately takes the required actions.
VPN Monitor will use the VPN Services you already created under System Preferences > Network.
VPN Monitor has a built-in help and troubleshooting section, should you be unable to resolve the problem, please contact support on http://www.vpnmonitor.eu.
VPN Monitor will not block outgoing traffic while the VPN connection is down. Other third party applications like Little Snitch are able to handle this automatically during the time it takes to reconnect.
If you like this app, please take some time and rate it. If it does not work as expected, or you need a new feature, please contact support.
What's New in Version 1.7
- Safe Network option for mobile users, VPN Monitor will switch to standby mode on trusted networks
- Disconnect and auto-reconnect after a fixed time interval
- Display the status panel on all desktops or a single desktop
- Various small improvements and bug fixes