Step inside the action!
VR Player FREE is the ad-supported version of VR Player PRO, a fully customizable media player for high definition VR video playback, immersive media experiences, and even 360° LIVE streams. If you like the FREE version, please support us and upgrade to PRO!
Now, you can use your phone as an HD virtual reality headset OR move your phone around without a headset like holding a window into another world.
- Support 2D/3D photos and videos
- Supported formats: mono, side-by-side, over/under
- Read local files or call up remote URL's
- Stream in 360° events live.
- Activate voice commands
- Subtitles support (.srt and .smi format)
- Ambient lighting effects
Available projection geometries:
- Plane (For all regular movies projected on a virtual screen)
- Dome (For action cameras like the GoPro or Kodak 360)
- Sphere (For spherical 360° videos and photos)
- Full dome (For IMAX and planetarium styled videos)
- Cylinder (For panoramic photos and videos)
- Cube (For cube maps like in video games)
For the list of compatible video formats, see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/35653767
Note: If your videos are not compatible, you can re-encode using any video transcoding software like HandBrake (http://handbrake.fr/).
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Wanted to try out VR, so ordered a Google device and gave this app a chance. No dice, the ads are so invasive that they take up the entirety of the viewing area. There isn't any kind of intuitive help/settings, and it refuses to run if it doesn't have interent access to pull in the ads. So, if I can't demo the free version, not a chance I'll ever consider the "Pro" version from the same company. It's just too easy to move onto another one to try out, you don't get a second chance in the app world. This app didn't even deserve the first chance.
"Switch Viewer" Camera Focus Needs Fix
The camera for the "switch viewer" won't focus and I can't get my cardboard to register. Will give 5 stars after it's fixed.
Switch viewer doesnt do any good
It just stays the same, was not able to use it
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.