VRV is the fan-first streaming service that connects the dots between sci-fi, tech, anime, and more to bring you shows and movies you actually want to watch from:
- Cartoon Hangover
- Geek & Sundry
- Rooster Teeth
- VRV Select
Join for free to view your new favorite shows anywhere. Go premium for an ad-free experience and offline viewing on your favorite iOS device. Now it's even easier to become premium with in-app purchasing!
In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to a monthly premium membership for any one channel (prices vary per channel) or subscribe to VRV Premium for $9.99 USD/month.
- Your iTunes Account will automatically be charged after you confirm your subscription
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your billing period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes Account will be charged the monthly cost of your chosen membership for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- A current subscription cannot be cancelled during an active subscription period
Terms of Service: https://vrv.co/terms
- Introducing iTunes billing! Sign up for Premium access directly from the VRV app to enjoy an ad-free experience complete with offline viewing.
- Found a subtitled anime but you'd prefer to watch the dubbed version? Found a dub but wanted the sub? You can now quickly switch between subbed and dubbed versions of a show directly from the Shows screen.
- Following so many series you can't quite decide what to watch? You can now browse even more of your recently-watched shows from the home screen to easily pick up where you left off.
- We captured some bugs in a jar and let them go outside in a gesture of virtual goodwill. Enjoy improved stability.
Ratings and Reviews
The good and bad
I’m normally one to never complain or do many of these reviews. So if your reading this then you can know this is my honest option. When I found VRV I was unsure what to think so I went and did the premium because I have been wanting the ability to download stuff videos I could see on the go. The no ads was a bonus. I have been using this app for about two weeks and have loved it. I found the app though a bit weird at first it was very geared to keep things separate and not throw everything into a pile to dig throw. It’s made finding some of my favorite anime’s and shows very easy. But being as I got this for the ability to download I for some reason being the bumbling dork I unknowingly found one big bug. Since I am on the move a lot with my blue tooth head phones find that every so often I am drawn phone is off in my pocket to un-pause it with my head phones pushing the button. Well if I do my Apple Music app turns on. And if I am to open my phone while VRV is on and I’m watching something I downloaded it will stop working all together I have tried just about everything so far the only way to fix it is to unload the app then re-download it I have tried to delete the shows and re-download them. That didn’t seem to work. So if you do get this app be aware of this so you don’t end up at the airport or on that road trip with nothing because Apple Music decided to turn on and break everything.
The app vs the service
The app itself is a 5 star app. I noticed a lot of complaints about the ads. Now for those who are just complaining that they do three ads per break that's been Crunchyroll (the company that own vrv) thing forever. Now the ones complaining about how the ads work and the overlapping that's a legit complaint/problem that they should address but since I pay for no ads I've never had this issue. That's why I give the app 5 stars. Not my biggest and really only complaints deal with the service. I really would like for vrv to offer a yearly subscription model like they do for Crunchyroll and the other partnered subscription Funimation. It makes it so much easier the just pay $50-$60 once a year and get all the anime I want for the year. A lot of times I'll forget about the monthly renewal and spend the money on other bills or food before they charge me. So I'd really like to see that feature ASAP. Also I know it's not ALL vrv's fault but I wish the process of getting everything on Funimation over the vrv was quicker or at the very least like you can link your account to Crunchyroll or vice versa I feel like it should be an option to link you account to funimation. That way I don't average to pay for multiple services due to vrv not having all the content that is currently available on funimation.
Not too bad but, could go for an up date for the better
So to start off I don’t want to bag on this app it does have a great selection of shows, movies, etc. that you can browse through, and I would’ve gone to the support page to explain the situation there that I’m having but there’s no real way to let them know on it or in it for that matter so you basically have to come to the review page and hopefully they read these to figure out how they can better make that app for everyone so I’m really here just to let them know or let whoever cares and know that you’re missing the seven deadly sins series from Crunchyroll on this VRV app and probably a lot of other ones that don’t come to mind or haven’t looked up yet, and the application on my phone is where I started my Premium account but as I tried to use my premium account on my game console (PS4) it was making me get a premium account on my PlayStation 4 when I already have a one, so do I have to have separate premium accounts for every device I have or is that just a bug in the system? but all in all I really enjoyed this app, just those small minor things also “30 seconds forward” option wouldn’t hurt as well LOL
- Ellation, Inc.
- 192.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Ellation, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- VRV Premium $9.99
- NickSplat $5.99
- Funimation $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.