The official mobile ticketing app from The Valley Transportation Authority! The VTA EZfare app lets you purchase and use fares and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or your PayPal account.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Choose rider type
2. Choose fare
3. Choose quantity
4. Check out
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the VTA EZfare app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Activate your ticket before boarding.
• Show your ticket to the operator of the vehicle
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• Create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones.)
Performance improvements and security updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Super convenient, could be 5 Star
First of all, I’m not sure what the 1 star reviewer who says that this isn’t on the iPhone X is talking about, I’m on an X and this app works perfectly.
I don’t typically carry cash or coins so this app has been a game changer. A clipper card is just another card to make my wallet fatter when I’m desperately trying to do the opposite. Since I already carry my phone, being able to buy a bus pass on it and not waste paper or have an extra thing to keep track of is simply wonderful.
However, this app could use a few things.
- Super convenient, I can buy my bus pass as I’m boarding and I don’t have to carry cash or coins
- the interface and options are simple and straightforward, no excessive bloat
- I wish I could buy and have a monthly or annual pass on the app
- I buy the same ticket every time, having a “purchase again” option would save me taps and time and make me so much happier
- Having active/unused tickets on the main screen instead of in a separate menu would be another tap and time saver
- As you move forward, please keep the app as simple as possible, similar to how it currently is.
- Adding Face ID authentication for purchases and logging in would be smart. At the moment, anyone who gets my phone while it is unlocked could buy or use a ticket and be cities away before I track down my stolen phone.
Kind of Annoying:
- what’s up with all the separate trip apps? I thought tapping those menu options would open functionality in this app. I’d rather 1 app instead of multiple. Just like cutting down on wallet size.
Just to tell how great this app is: I was biking back from Hollister this weekend, the total trip distance would have been 132 miles, but, due to the high head wind and 80 degree sun brutally beating me, I decided I was content at 100 (actually 101). With no cash in my wallet and the closest bank miles away, this app let me buy a ticket and hop on the 68 and enjoy the lazy, AC chilled rest of the ride.
Thank you VTA
Please add iPhone X screen support
VTA Bus 🚌& VTA Light Rail 🚈🚉
- SANTA CLARA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
- 31.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright© 2017 Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.