By ELERTS Corp
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This safety application is designed for the VTA bus and light rail system in Santa Clara County in California. The VTAlerts App offers riders a quick and discreet method for reporting safety concerns and suspicious activities directly to VTA Security or, in the event of an emergency, directly to police. Riders can send VTA security pictures, text messages, and locations of suspicious persons and/or activities making riding safer and more comfortable for all.
From the app home screen, riders have two easy options for contacting security:
1. The “Report a Problem” button allows riders to send text or photos directly to VTA Security. To ensure discretion, the camera flash is automatically disabled when photos are taken through the app. Riders can select station locations and report categories to assist VTA Security. Riders can also send reports anonymously if they choose. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent when connectivity returns. The system is also designed to send the message before pictures so that VTA Security can get App reports as quickly as possible.
2. The “Call 911” button will connect customers directly to the police.
BOLO (Be On the Look Out) Alerts. BOLO Alerts on the See & Say App may display alerts from VTA Security about specific persons of interest. For example, VTAlerts may display information about a missing person or child, such as where they were last seen. If you see a person from a BOLO, immediately call 911 and send a App report to VTA Security discreetly.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
2) Noted that your name and contact info are not sent to dispatcher for Anonymous reports.
3) Optimized app-to-server communication to remove unused data fields, like battery level and GPS, from some calls.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Elerts Corporation
- © ELERTS Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.