KidiConnect™ lets you keep in touch with your child even when you are away from home.
With KidiConnect™ kids can share messages using a compatible VTech toy. All contacts must be approved by parents before any communication can take place so parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is in a kid-safe environment.
NOTE: KidiConnect™ is meant for communication with compatible VTech toys. You cannot use it to send messages to adults or children who do not have a compatible device.
Why Use KidiConnect™?
• Stay Connected with Your Child Anytime, Anywhere. KidiConnect™ uses an Internet connection to let you communicate with your child even when you are away from home - anywhere in the world. Parents can also add family members and friends to the child's contact list, so grandparents can stay close too.
• Kid Safe. All contacts must be approved by parents before communication can take place. Users who are not on a child's contact list cannot contact your child.
• Good For All Ages! Even the youngest kids can use KidiConnect™ to share voice messages, photos, drawings, stickers, and pre-recorded messages. And as children grow, they will be able to share text messages too!
• Group Chat. With Group Chat, your child can communicate and share with multiple family members or friends at the same time.
• It's Fun! You can customize your KidiConnect™ avatar with your photo, or choose one of several cartoon designs. There are also fun stickers and pre-recorded messages. Your child can even use the voice changer to record a robot voice or a mouse voice!
Please register your child's VTech device before downloading this app. This will create a Learning Lodge® Family Account, which one parent can use to log in to this app. That parent will be in charge of the child's contact list and can use this app to send or approve friend requests on their child's behalf.
The other parent will have to sign up for a separate Learning Lodge® account and be added to the family like any other relative.
You must get parental approval before you can contact a child. Once you've signed up for a Learning Lodge® account, send the child's parents a request to join their family.
* KidiConnect™ works with KidiBuzz™ and other VTech devices which support KidiConnect™ or VTech Kid Connect™.
For more details about VTech, please visit our website:
1. Head photo encryption in local storage.
2. Fixed log in time out issue.
3. Improved stability.
4. Bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Functional and Security Flaws - Beware of your child’s safety
This app has both functional and security issues. In attempting to login to the app, the app status wheel just spins and then after several minutes fails. This happened on multiple iPhones of different generations.
Strangely, even though the app failed to log me in, whenever my child sent a message from the vtech kids phone to ‘parent’ I received iOS notifications that a message from the named child had been received. Yet, when clicking on the banner notification it takes me to the login, which of course, continues to fail. We submitted a ticket to support, and their response was “we do not have troubleshooting for this type of issue at this time”.
We purchased two of the vtech kids phones at ~$80 ea. and this is the support we received. I’m normally not the type to publicly express my opinion, but I want to make sure others don’t have to go through this frustration.
Let me just say that this is the biggest disappointment for not only me as a parent but for my six year old that thought she was getting a phone to be able to text me. I wouldn’t even give this app or this product one star but I had to choose an option.
Why is Vtech robbing people of their money with a phone that requires this app to text with the phone THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!! I am so MAD! I’m having the exact same problem as so many of the other complaints here, can’t get logged in. Created a login but the wheel keeps spinning and no resolution. Tried to create a new account but can’t get past the security box, just keeps resetting. So FRUSTRATING!!! Vtech is literally robbing people of their money by selling this product that requires an app that is clearly not functioning. Get it TOGETHER VTECH!!!! Not a happy customer!!!! Very DISAPPOINTING!!!
I purchased three of the kiddibuzz devices @ $90 a clip. Too many functional issues with this application . The device is way too expensive for the application to fail. It’s hit or miss . It works sometimes but most often it does not work. It frustrates the child and older adults especially grandparents. The device itself is a great idea but when the application doesn’t work, that’s disgusting. When trying to use the kiddie connect app, 3 out of 4 Times it doesn’t work, either an error message appears or a message that your login failed. Shame on you VTech for charging a ginormous price that works with only one app that doesn’t work 75% of the time! I would not recommend anyone to purchase the kidibuzz phone until the application is fixed.
- VTech Electronics Limited
- 96.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 VTech. All Rights Reserved. VTECH® and the VTECH® logo are registered trademarks of VTech.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.