* Pocket Gamer GOLD AWARD
* "New Games We Love", Apple
* "Best New Apps for October", Vodafone UK
* #1 Hot Game, TouchArcade, Sep 2016
* "The 30 Best iPad Games of 2016", Stromstock
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Vulture Island is a platform adventure with a distinct focus on exploration to tickle your curiosity.
Rather than stacking up high scores and running towards the end of each level, you get to roam freely in an open world and explore caves, swamps, temples, pirate ships and more.
You collect objects along your way, solve puzzles and talk to NPCs, all while being wrapped inside the platform gameplay mechanism we all have to come to love since the golden era of 8-bit computers and consoles.
Benjamin has built a spectacular flying machine to take him and his friends around the world.
During one of the first flight sessions something goes wrong. The youngsters have no choice but to parachute themselves to safety.
After an exhausting swim Alex, Paul and Stella end up on a distant island. Barehanded and with no trace of Benjamin.
* Non-linear gameplay: Explore the island freely
* Non-destructive gameplay: When failing, you're simply thrown back to the overview map instead of losing all progress
* Interact with characters, trade tools and help each other
* Collect items to your inventory
* Solve puzzles
* Battle enemies & bosses
Supports MFi Controllers and ION Arcade Controllers.
- Collectors icon added by popular request (#41)
- Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck under a block inside the Mines of Shamus
- Optimized assets: Saves valuable space on your device
As always, thanks to all fans for your support. We hope you'll enjoy this update!
Ratings and Reviews
Keep getting stuck
This game could sure use some instructions and a way to get hints when stuck, which is often. I really like donut games usually but this one has too many inconsistencies and it’s harder if you’ve played traps and gem stones because thet game has much better usability. I’ve persevered because I like solving problems but I am now completely stuck. It’s very frustrating to know there must be something the game makers consider obvious to do but you can’t figure what it is. Sigh.
Could be better
I think that three dollars is too much to pay for a game that might last you one afternoon. The instructions aren’t clear at all, and the layout is kind of funky. I have loved nearly all of the other donut games, but this one has disappointed me.
Better than expected
At first I was reluctant to buy the game but I was drawn to the graphics because of the similar super Mario world art direction. But What i really like about the game is the hunt for items which Require a little bit of strategy but all together its fun, not too long and enjoyable.
- Donut Games
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Donut Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.