VW Car-Net® Security & Service app. Start the ultimate car connection. With Remote Vehicle access, check if your doors are locked, if you have fuel for the morning drive or even activate the horn and lights. Can’t remember where you parked? There is a handy little map that shows where your vehicle was last parked1. This newest app version includes NEW features such as Valet Alerts, Curfew Alerts, and Parking Information when searching for a POI.
VW Car-Net Security & Service is available on the following 2014 and newer models: CC, EOS, Beetle (Convertible and Coupe), Jetta (SE with Connectivity, SEL, TDI, GLI, and Hybrid), Passat (SE, SEL Premium, including TDI and VR6), Tiguan (SE, SEL, R-Line and Limited); model year 2015 and newer Golf/GTI/R/SportWagen and e-Golf models; Golf Alltrack, Atlas and Arteon.
For additional details, go to www.vw.com/features/vw-car-net/
Features & Benefits:
• Siri and Siri Shortcuts for iOS 12 are now available. To learn more about these features, visit your Vehicle list, tap Account, and then visit the Siri section.
• Share locations from your Apple Maps to your VW. With VW Car-Net share actions enabled and a supported vehicle selected, you can send an Apple Maps location to your VW navigation system.
• Unlock the doors
• Lock the doors (available only on VW Car-Net equipped model year 2016 and newer vehicles)
• Activate the horn and lights
• Locate where your VW was last parked1
• Search for Points of Interests (POIs) and send them to your factory installed VW navigation system
• Use this app to get the latest status (doors, windows, trunk, and convertible top and more)
• Turn on/off Boundary Alerts
• Turn on/off Speed Alerts2
• View fuel levels, including estimated fuel range (models other than e-Golf)
• View your odometer mileage3 and your next estimated days to your next service while on the go
• Check your Vehicle Health Report3 with the ability to schedule a service visit with your preferred dealer.
• Find available parking information near your POI, powered by Parkopedia3 .
• Turn on/off Curfew Alerts
• Turn on/off Valet Alerts
The following features are exclusive to the e-Golf:
• View current battery charge level3, included estimated driving range
• Choose your desired temperature settings before getting in the vehicle
• Select when to stop, start, or how much to charge your vehicle
Apple Watch features include vehicle status, lock/unlocking doors, last parked location, check fuel level/battery charge level and remote battery charging (available for e-Golf).
1. Standard text and data rates apply. Do not use feature to locate stolen vehicle. 2. Always obey speed and traffic laws. 3. Refer to your vehicle's warning and indicator lights for the most current diagnostic information. Always consult owner's manual for maintenance guidelines. 3. Requires parking facility participation. Volkswagen not responsible for accuracy of pricing & payment options, hours of operation, and features. See parkopedia.com for important information and details. Standard text and data rates apply.
©2018 Volkswagen of America, Inc. “Volkswagen,” “VW,” all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. "Car-Net" is a registered trademark of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
We are frequently bringing new updates to the App store to help make your experience better.
With this latest update, we support iOS 12 so you can ask Siri to lock or unlock your car, honk and flash your lights and and get your fuel/charge level.
iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts are also supported. Visit the 'Account' screen in the Car-Net App to learn more.
Siri support and Siri Shortcuts for VW Car-Net Security & Service app is available on select Volkswagen models and requires a paid VW Car-Net subscription.
Ratings and Reviews
Does all the basics for my e-Golf but not much more
All of the basic functionality works fine with my 2018 e-Golf, but I can’t get more advanced stuff like Siri Shortcuts to work properly. The scheduling feature for charging the e-Golf works once you figure it out, but the design is really wonky. There’s no feature for just doing a quick charging schedule by telling it what time to start and what time to end to take advantage of cheaper electric rates at night. You have to first set up charging profiles and then associate the profile wit a departure time schedule, which is snot 5 steps too many for scheduling. It’d also be nice if the built in GPS could talk to the charging scheduler so that it’d know, say, that I’m home and then automatically follow a predefined schedule for home. This app also needs to add a simple notification for when charging is complete as well as the ability to export trip data. Other than these things, the app works as advertised for me, even though the functionality is limited and could be so much more.
App slow and poor customer service
First, I thought the app was a neat idea, but when you ask it to look/unlock your doors, it is incredibly slow. That’s the only feature on the app. It will also tell you your windows are open but you can’t close them on the app. I don’t appreciate the multiple notifications of my doors being open (especially annoying when at a car wash).
Rather than providing the opportunity to edit/cancel your subscription online, you have to call. The agent, though, will not be able to help you cancel. They refer you then to a second person (in what is basically a department trained to not get you to cancel). You then get asked a series of questions that guilt you into continuing the service by implying you are endangering your family and children’s safety by not having the service.
That is shady business practices and after the 8 minute call it took to cancel service, I would strongly recommend not using this service.
DO NOT BUY
I was tricked into believing that this would actually be helpful but when it came to an emergency I am extremely disappointed in this service! My 17month old daughter locked herself in the car with the keys! I was unable to get the maintenance key to work to open the door so I called the customer service line and I explained my app was not working properly and that this was an emergency bc my daughter was locked inside the car and this was her response,”Oh, I don’t know anything about the app.” I couldn’t believe my ears how on earth is it that she didn’t know anything about the app when the number I called was the carnet app customer service!!!!!!! WHAT A JOKE! Unable to help me because she knew nothing the customer service was unable to open the car and I ended up calling the fire department to get my daughter out of the car! Talk about a scary moment! I am shocked that this is even a service!
- Volkswagen of America Inc.
- 143.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2017 Volkswagen of America, Inc., ©2016 Verizon Telematics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.