W Hotels Worldwide
By Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
W Hotels Worldwide brings its signature sounds and insider access to what's new and next at our iconic destinations around the world to the iTunes store with this exclusive mobile app.
Stream custom music mixes by some of the most talented emerging global DJs curated by W Hotels Global Music Director, Michaelangelo L'Acqua and delivered to you by the Mix.dj music player.
Of course there’s more. Check out all of these features:
- Explore W Hotels Worldwide: Find, explore and book W hotels and retreats around the world.
- Get Local: Check out the local weather, get directions through maps or take a first look at our hotel photos.
- Stay connected: Snap a photo and post to popular social media sites directly from the W Hotels app.
- Get Insider Access: Find out first about special events and exclusive W Happenings in each destination through the "Insider" tab on each hotel page.
- Order In: Hotel guests can view and order from our in-room dining menus 24/7 and just charge it to the room.
- Have it Delivered: If you need more towels or anything else sent to your room, just click the “I Need” tab and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Treat Yourself or Someone Else: Whether you’re checked in or not, you can order anything you like to a guest room. Champagne, snacks or whatever, just let us know and we’ll send it up. Then, either put it on the room tab or pay securely by credit card.
- Anything Else. Just Ask: For any other special requests or question, just send the hotel a message through the app and they’ll make sure it’s covered. No problem.
- Get the Inside Scoop: Find out about special offers to redeem during your stay at W Hotels around the world. Just click the “Messages” tab on each hotel page.
- Bring W Hotels Home: Get instant, on-the-go access to W Hotels –The Store.
- And for those who want more: Check out what’s happening at our W hotels around the globe or find a special deal for your next stay using the ‘Special Offers’ page.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
- A few bug fixes
- Six new mixes just added from our 2013 W Hotels and burn DJ Lab DJs who just returned from W Bangkok and W Retreat Koh Samui.
Flaws, bugs, Hasn't been updated since Nov. 2013
As such a globally renown hotel brand that prides itself on being New/Next and cutting edge, this app is a far cry from all of that in every way.
The interface is unintuitive and difficult to navigate. Music app works for a while, but then crashes. Hotel information is limited, and photos are incomplete. The idea of requesting items and services through the app is wonderful, but has never actually worked in any of my stays. There is no iPad app, and the iPhone app has a landscape mode that is unusable.
Starwood should update or create an app for use at W residences as well.
It seems like Starwood has abandoned this app while still marketing it as a feature on W Hotels' site. I suggest that they should either make an app that actually enhances guests' experiences and lives up to the W brand or drop the app all together.
Applications from Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton are far more functional.
Great concept, awful execution
Love, love, love being able to put W living room music on in my living room at home. Hate that the app is super buggy and crashes all the time, and hate that I can't pick up mid-playlist after stopping the app to do something else (or restarting after a frequent crash). I wish SPG would put just a tiny bit of effort into fixing this up, because this could have been such a wonderful app. Instead, it's just frustrating to use.
PLEASE FIX IT
I've had this app for years and it crashes EVERY TIME! I don't even know why I still have it.. I'm hopeful I guess... The design it cute. That's the best thing going for this app right now.. I'm deleting it. Let me know when it's fixed.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- © 2012 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.