The ultimate word extraction game. Weld words in the word machine! Create clever combos and multiply your score using gem and gold tiles. Increase your vocabulary using the in-built dictionary – discover definitions of words you never even knew existed! Earn powerful special abilities like Group, Reverse, and Jump Swaps, and complete particularly tricky terms with blank wooden pieces. Potentially unlimited gameplay!
***Unparalleled content and value. Thanks for your support! W.E.L.D.E.R. has been the #1 iPad seller and Apple's iPhone Game of the Week, and Game of the Day! It's the perfect new word game for any new iPhone or iPad!***
• Play against your friends! Compete against your Game Center friends or random opponents in two-player matches.
• Adds addictive word game play to classic pattern matching.
• Use special reverse, group, and jump swaps to form words and clear broken tiles.
• Use multiplier tiles to score more points and gain more swaps!
• Brand new modes including Sandbox (infinite swaps) and Broken Challenge (tough broken tile levels).
• Undo your last move and have another go!
• Use "Apocalypse Swap" to wipe the board once per level and get a new set of tiles.
• Combine multipliers in a single word for thousands of points and tons of swaps!
• Game Center features include 47 achievements, competitive score comparison and a Palindrome Ranking.
• Use iCloud saving to transfer a game in progress from your iPad to your iPhone!
• Look up words you form via the built-in iOS dictionary.
We are listening to all of your amazing suggestions, and working hard on more updates coming soon! Thank you to all of our happily obsessed fans!
- See replays of your best word welding moves and share them with friends!
- See replays of your best welds in the classic game, the best in your turn, AND your best of all time!
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
BEST WORD GAME EVER!!
First word game I owned; so glad it got updated so I can play again!
I can't get enough of this game; all the other word games I was playing have fallen to the wayside. At first one might not like the concept of starting over from zero, but the game brilliantly entices you to better your score and figure out better strategies for making high scoring words with fewer moves. I love the whole look and feel and sound of the game, especially when all the bells and whistles go off congratulating one for a strategic move that earned a high score. I REALLY love the dictionary and the addition of queer arcane words with examples of usage.
Thank you for creating this extraordinarily brilliant game!!!
Great Game - BUT...
This is a great game. Logically it plays well. Would be nice to have a few more levels.
But the major problem is the dictionary. It sure contains a lot of very obscure and very technical terms - but does not contain the word X-ray, I guess because it is typically hyphenated. But the biggest issue with the dictionary is the number words that appear to not be words. When the program fills in a word I am unfamiliar with I tap on it which takes it to my iPad dictionary. The majority of these words are not in the dictionary. The next largest category are words that are archaic and then words that are highly technical. It is rare that one of these words is one people use in everyday speech.
Response Update: Hi Steve, just to update the dictionary topic, here's an "edited down" version of the explanation from W.E.L.D.E.R.'s developer in your email chat. :) "We have received just as many complaints about words *in* the dictionary as words that are *not* in the dictionary. It's a balance we will can't make everyone happy with unfortunately. The dictionary popup in the game (under Help) describes the word list for some more info. As to how it came to be: we took the ENABLE word list (see original response below) for words 4-10 letters, then ran a script against that list to the site https://www.wordnik.com. If Wordnik didn't have a definition of a particular word, we removed it. We removed quite a few, I think in the five figures if memory serves. We have since added some words based on user feedback (and Apple's feedback!), and based on annual words being added to the Oxford Dictionary. The list does not accept hyphenated words, or proper nouns that do not have a valid alternative meaning. All this being said, please let us know which words you would like removed or added and we will consider it. Perhaps we should add a mechanism for people to call out words they welded that they don't believe should be in the game - we will investigate that."
Hi 5teve5, we're really glad you're enjoying the game! Just to clarify, the word list used in W.E.L.D.E.R. is drawn mostly from the Enhanced North American Benchmark LExicon (ENABLE) list as used by the majority of leading word games, with selected additional valid words from the English Open Word List (EOWL). You can see more info on permitted words via this URL: http://weldergame.com/wordlist/list/. We hope that helps - please enjoy your welding and thanks again for playing!
I’ve played this game for years and always loved it but now it seems like it has been made harder to score, and the top levels start out with no reverse or group swaps, but guess what? You can buy your way out of a tough spot! I’m constantly being urged to purchase Gigawatts to stay in the game. It’s not worth it for a finale that has always been anticlimactic to say the least. Feels like it’s less of a vocabulary game now and more of just a way for the developers to make $$. Feel like I’ve lost a friend but I’m pretty much done with this.
- Ayopa Games LLC
- 198 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- © My Evil Twin Gaming Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- Recharge of 750 Gigawatts $2.99
- Recharge of 3,000 Gigawatts $7.99
- Recharge of 8,000 Gigawatts $11.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.