The ABC7 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
The live video module now contains a broadcast schedule where you can set reminders for yourself. Just tap on the live video bar at the top of the screen and swipe left. Set a reminder for any upcoming live newscast and you’ll receive a one-time alert when it starts!
We made improvements to the Manage Notifications UI for selecting/deselecting topics of interest.
We fixed crashing issues on iPad during sign-in.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs updating. Too many fake news links.
It’s a decent local news app, but it needs to be updated and it’s got too many advertising links dressed up as fake news stories.
The app needs to be formatted for different size phones. The fonts look huge on my iPhone 6 Plus and there’s no way to adjust the font size. The notifications are also annoying and should be controllable within the app, perhaps to allow for different kinds of alerts you may want or don’t want (e.g. all news, local news, weather, sports, traffic, politics).
The fake news links to advertising are a real disappointment. You’d think a news app, especially ABC, would want to maintain the integrity of their news outlet and not list a bunch of fake news links after their stories under “You might also be interested in...” That’s just lame.
Too Many Advertisements
While an outstanding app. I've grown up with ABC 7 and I will always be loyal to Eyewitness News and WABC as I've been watching the program for 20 years. I understand the necessity to use advertisements to make the app profitable, but to have a 30-60 second advertisement play prior to every video playing is a bit ludicrous. I could understand having it after every 4-5 videos but every video to have to watch a 30-60 second ad in a world like New York where things move quickly. Sometimes we just want to watch the content uninterrupted you know? That's my only gripe! Offer a paid version of these apps without the advertisements. It's an even bigger slap to the face when the advertisement is longer than the actual video itself.. 😞.
LIKE BEING BACK IN NYC
I LOVE THIS APP!! I couldn't live without it!! It's my LIFELINE, since I HAD to move to FL for family reasons, it truly makes me feel as though I'm still at HOME!! I get to 'stream' my news 2-3 times daily as well as read all the snippets of news throughout the day!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Oh...now...if only the streaming would WORK ALL THE TIME, I'd be REALLY HAPPY!! Haha!! And...btw, Channel 7, WHY do I NEVER get to see Sports? I have a small crush on you-know-who(lol), and I NEVER get to see his broadcast...only scores get posted (???).😉🙃
SIX YEARS LATER!!! Even though you have my Review posted as though I wrote it a year ago, it's been SIX or SEVEN YEARS!!!
COMPLAINT: I have NO IDEA why, but all of a sudden in the past several weeks I seem to have "CLOSED CAPTIONING" on my APP!
WHY😫??? GET IT OFF!! I don't want it, it's annoying and it takes up nearly the ENTIRE SCREEN since I watch the News on my iPhone!! PLEASE, get this 💩OFF MY APP!! I NEVER ASKED FOR IT AND I DIDN'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.