Wahoo Fitness is a running, cycling and fitness app that harnesses the awesome power of the iPhone to transform the way you ride, run and reach your training and fitness goals.
Combine the app with Wahoo Fitness sensors to track heart rate and stride rate data, cycling speed, cadence, and power data for more than 39 different fitness activities!
With more functionality than an expensive GPS watch or dedicated cycling computer, the Wahoo Fitness App and hardware provides everything you need to stay safe, motivated, and informed while you run or ride your bike… all on your iPhone!
Visit www.wahoofitness.com for more information on Wahoo Fitness products.
◇◇◇◇ Features ◇◇◇◇
◇ Pair with Wahoo Fitness products for connecting to fitness sensors. Supports ANT+ fitness sensors using the Wahoo Key or the Wahoo Bike Case, and Bluetooth Smart fitness sensors including: BlueHR, BlueSC, RFLKT, KICKR, TICKR, TICKR Run and many more!
◇ Upload & Share workouts to your favorite training website.
Upload workouts to:
or email/dropbox/open data in .pwx, .tcx, .csv, .gpx, or.wf files for upload and analysis anywhere.
◇ Stay informed with audio alerts. Choose from a huge array of customizable audio announcements such as distance, time, pace, calories burned and more at regular distance or time intervals to stay informed and motivated during your workout.
◇ Get comprehensive cycling power data. Works with all ANT+ power meters and offers multiple power screens with power in watts, avg. power, nPower, iFactor, TSS, and mean max power for 20 seconds, 1, 2, 20, and 60 minutes.
◇ Use multiple sensors at once. You can use multiple sensors at the same time using the same or different wireless technologies without interference.
◇ Choose your favourite data screens. Select from 13 screens to see the data that’s most important to you and your workout.
◇ Get accurate real-time pace information when paired with the Wahoo Stride Sensor. Our proprietary Stride Sensor/GPS correction software provides distance and super accurate real-time pace information- great for interval workouts.
◇ Get personalized heart rate zone info. Calculates personalized HR zones and shows current, average, and max heart rate as well as how much time you spend in each zone during your workout.
◇ Get the most accurate calorie burn count. Add your user data such as age, weight, and height to get personalized calorie burn information.
◇ Don’t get lost. In-App GPS maps keep you on the right track as you run or cycle outdoors.
◇ Keep track of your splits. Set an automatic lap based on distance or time or manually hit the lap button to see and hear your split times.
◇ Review your History. See a summary of the results from your entire workout history, including GPS route, organized by date and workout type in the history tab.
◇ Customise workout screens for your RFLKT iPhone powered bike computer. Select from 9 page templates and over 100 data points to display the information that is important to you right on your handlebars.
◇ Dedicated KICKR workout screen with four modes including Resistance Levels, Ergo Mode, Simulation Mode and Manual mode
◇ Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5th generation. Note: iPod touch does not have GPS mapping capability.
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Don't forget to email email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, compliments or feature requests!
Support for new device sizes.
Ratings and Reviews
More interoperability would be great
Cadence monitor is working great. I am running Aaptiv, Wahoo, and Apple Watch for HR. Wahoo will integrate with Apple fitness, but won’t show heart rate from Apple Watch. Apple Watch won’t show cadence. So I am losing some data and having workouts double recorded.
Do they think we are dumb?
Apparently this developer thinks we are dumb. Why? EVERY time the app is opened, if location service is not turned on, there is a pop up reminder about it. I don’t need that function on my indoor trainer nor do I use it outside. Why is this a big deal? Because I do not have great near vision to close the pop up and in addition my phone mount covers up the place I need to tap to close it. I have complained about it to the developer explaining one reminder is sufficient but apparently they think differently. We are not stupid and don’t need to be reminded every time the app is opened.
Like it but..., some issues.
The app works well enough. The few items that prevent a 4 or 5 star rating are:
- Even though I select “Indoor Trainer” the workout always shows up on the Apple Activity app as “Outdoor Cycling”. Should be an easy fix.
- The app does not use the heart monitor in my Apple Watch. Therefore no calorie credit for a workout unless I remember to also start a indoor cycle workout on my watch. Sorry Wahoo, there is no way I’m going to buy a separate monitor since I already have one in my Apple Watch. I need the calorie credit for work insurance so it is important financially too.
- Sensing the cadence magnet was difficult. The first unit that I received would not pick up cadence at all. Read many reviews that described similar trouble. Second unit works but the magnet needs to be within 5 or 6mm. The Wahoo help desk said 2cm would be okay. If that is true my replacement unit is still dysfunctional. I’m set at about 4mm and it is reliable. Speed has always been okay. This last point is the one that really needs work. Lots of people seem to suffer through some trouble with sensing.
This unit is not robust and for that reason I will only use it on the trainer.
- Wahoo Fitness L.L.C.
- 138.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Wahoo Fitness L.L.C.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.