Translator/Dictionary - Chinese & Japanese by Waygo: Translate Chinese (Mandarin) Language or Japanese To English with Waygo Translator
By Translate Abroad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Traveling to China or Japan? Learning Chinese or Japanese? Instantly translate foreign text to English using your smartphone camera. No data connection needed. Go like a local. Now with pinyin pronunciation!
- Use your video camera as a translator and dictionary
- No data connection required
- See the pronunciation of the words
- Simply point and translate Chinese or Japanese to English
- Translate multiple lines of foreign text at the same time
- Share your translations
Waygo is the leader in visual translation services, easily translating images of printed text offline. Waygo translator has been featured repeatedly in TechCrunch, The Next Web, Tech In Asia, GigaOm, Forbes, Technode, e27 and VentureBeat as the top visual Chinese translator.
This Waygo free download is a limited version with 10 daily translations. Upgrade to Lifetime Use (using the menu) for unlimited translations for life!
Waygo translator is compatible with the iPhone 4+ and iPad 2+ running iOS 6.0+.
1. Best used on clear foreign text (currently does not recognize stylized fonts or calligraphy)
2. If the text is small, hold the phone 6 inches / 15 cm away and use the zoom slider to translate more clearly
3. If text is blurry, tap the screen to focus or use the zoom slider
4. If the image is dark, turn on the Light (flash)
- Chinese (Simplified) to English
- Chinese (Traditional) to English
- Japanese to English
- more coming soon!
Go to www.WaygoApp.com/menu to try Waygo translator now on a sample Chinese menu. WIth Waygo translator and dictionary, simply point your camera and translate foreign languages to English.
* Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/WaygoApp
* Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WaygoApp
NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We appreciate your feedback. Please send any questions or suggestions to email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.41
Great idea, if it only worked
Used this app on a recent visit to Tokyo. You have to have perfect lighting and perfect type. It doesn't seem to work with the stylized characters (w/ drop shadows or outlines) in a lot of Japanese signs. When it works, it takes a long time for the translation to appear. Which makes you look silly when you're in a crowded place. Needs to work much quicker.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 02, 2014
- Version: 3.41
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Translate Abroad, Inc.
- © Translate Abroad, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Use$6.99
- Japanese to EnglishFree
- Chinese to EnglishFree
- One Week Use$1.99