Wake Alarm Clock
By Tiny Hearts Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Wake 2.0 is here -- with a whole new way to set your alarm with just your voice and a fresh new design for iOS 7*
Meet Wake, the most beautiful and intuitive alarm for iPhone. Slap to snooze, flip your phone over to turn off alarms or Shake to wake. Get up your way with Wake!
Wake combines simplicity and design into one revolutionary alarm app. With 3 alarm styles to choose from:
① SLAP & FLIP: Equipped with a virtual Snooze Button and perfect for anyone craving a few extra moments of sleep.
② SHAKE: Ideal for deep sleepers who need more than a traditional alarm clock to wake them from their stupor.
③ SWIPE: A simple option for dreamers who like to keep things basic.
** NEW Voice feature - set an alarm by simply speaking to WAKE (for iPhone 5 and 5S)**
Which alarm style suits you best?
* Simple gesture-based UI for setting and interacting with alarms
* Spin the dial to easily set alarms
* iTunes alarm support - wake up to your own audio every morning
* Create up to 8 repeatable alarms
* Swipe down to view alarms and pull down to switch them on/off
* Personalize with 12 exclusive built-in alarm sounds
* SLAP & FLIP mode transforms your iPhone into an old-school alarm clock using a virtual Snooze Button; SLAP to Snooze or FLIP your iPhone to turn off the alarm
* SHAKE mode forces you to physically shake your phone until the Shake Bar is filled up—the movement is sure to wake up your body while the sound wakes up your head.
* Choose from 3 difficulty settings in SHAKE mode
* Set recurring alarms for any day of the week
* Progressive alarm sounds that get louder gradually
* Visually stunning and perfect for iOS7
From heavy dozers to lighter dreamers, Wake is the perfect alarm for everyone. Allow Wake to brighten your day, so every morning can be uncomplicated and elegant.
Wake will get you up no matter what, but to use the SLAP & FLIP alarm styles you’ll need to leave Wake running onscreen and charging overnight. Set Wake to Night Mode and place your iPhone face up next to your bed. Do not lock your screen as this feature uses the proximity sensor.**
SLAP, FLIP and SHAKE your sleep away!
If you run into any issues, have feature ideas, or just want to say hi, shoot us a note at email@example.com or tweet @wakealarm
DEMO VIDEO - http://bit.ly/wakealarm
What's New in Version 2.0
This is a big one! We're really happy to share this update with you guys. Thanks for your support!
Wake 2.0: a whole new way to set your alarm with just your voice, the ability to choose your own alarm from your iTunes library, and a refreshed iOS 7 design. For those of you who have been asking for an iPad version - we got that for you too!
* NEW Voice feature - set an alarm by simply speaking to WAKE (for iPhone 5 and 5S)
* NEW iTunes alarm support - wake up to your own audio every morning
* NEW Refreshed design for iOS 7 - simplified and beautified the whole WAKE experience
* NEW More alarm customization - now you can control the Alarm Style for each alarm
* NEW Landscape support - WAKE now works in portrait and landscape
* NEW Help screen - cleaner and clearer help screen w/ tutorial video
* Critical bug fixes and performance enhancements
Look for the iPad version of WAKE on the App Store.
Thanks for starting your day with WAKE!
— The WAKE team
Great Alarm Clock!
edit: I forgot to mention previously that my favorite function by far has to be the newly added ITunes library support. I love waking up to my own music.
This alarm clock is one of many that I've tried over the years. I am a heavy sleeper and the default alarm app wasn't waking me. This app has some nice and loud alarms for when I sleep and some more subtle ones as well for when I'm awake and need an alarm. The addition of microphone access doesn't affect me but I'm sure it's useful to someone although it is simply limited to setting the time and you have to go manually change the days and sound which, in my opinion, makes the function pointless anyway. On occasion the slap/flip functionality simply will not work and I have to close the app but for the most part it works fine. I use the slide method most often since it is much easier compared to the shake method which, even when set to easy, you still have to shake for a good five seconds. All-in-all, this has to be my favorite alarm app so far. Keep up the good work!
I love this alarm. I don't need a very harsh alarm to wake me up. In fact, I prefer something on the softer side because I don't like a lot of noise in the mornings. This app is perfect for that. It has it's own alarm tones. They start off quiet and increase in volume. I plug my phone in every night any way so having to keep it plugged in when being used isn't a problem for me. I keep the app running at night so I can use the slap and flip feature to snooze. What I love the most about this app is that while in slap and flip mode you can just wave your hand across the front of the proximity sensor and it will snooze. This is great because it is impossible to accidentally turn the alarm off as long as you don't actually touch phone, which I have done on occasion with other alarm apps. This app also let's you dim the screen brightness anywhere from one hundred to zero while the app is running so there is no glow from the screen. I love this alarm app.
Overall the app is good. Nothing over-the-top or under-the-bottom. Just average. I'd like to see the following changes to have the app shine above all others:
1. In night mode, there's no need to see the words "Night Mode". We get it.
2. Nice factoid on the alarm time for the Wake icon, but it's useless and who cares. Change the time on the Wake icon to reflect the actual time in accordance with device settings.
3. The color of the ring around the current time and the alarms get old. Add a little spice and allow users the flexibility to change these colors in the settings.
To really set this alarm above the rest, add the ability to turnoff/snooze the alarm by voice or sound…something like the old "clap-on/clap-off" gizmo.
Overall, it functions as intended and that's about it…good app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 31.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tiny Hearts Limited
- © Tiny Hearts Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.