This app is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not provide true earthquake alarm functionality.
NEW FUNCTION EARTHQUAKES IN THE WORLD:
This section allows to see the seismic activity around the world. It is connected with the USGS and EMSC database to always retrieve the most current data.
For all earthquakes it is possible to see when the event happened in your timezone and the event's timezone and also the UTC timezone.
It is interesting to see how far away the earthquake was.
You can see all earthquakes sorted by magnitude, date, distance or depth.
It is possible filter the events for showing only the most significant earthquakes.
NOW with Apple Watch support!
Wake up Earthquake was developed to provide a seismic alarm at low cost, without the use of complex and expensive equipment.
Is possible to detect the first seismic waves of an earthquake before they occur the most harmful and destructive.
Wake up Earthquake warns you in advance of the presence of a seismic movement and allows you to gain precious time to rescue you and your loved ones.
Now you can sleep easy, sure to be alerted in case of an earthquake!
NOW you can activate the alarm just put your phone horizontally on the table!
There are 3 types of alarms:
- Audio: Can be played 3 different types of audio alarm.
- Visual: Can be displayed on the screen a text message.
- Flash LED: If available, the flash LED warning through the blinking. You can keep on after an alarm.
- E-mail: With this feature you will be able to send an e-mail when an alarm occur.
The application now continues to detect earthquakes even in standby mode.
In this mode you can also lock the device and you will be notified via audible alarm or notification.
You can activate the power saving mode to reduce power consumption of the battery.
Now you can enable and disable the alarm at a particular time of the day.
We are sure that Wake up Earthquake will be very useful especially where seismic activity is a frequent problem.
For any information, suggestions or reports, please contact us.
- Now you can activate the alarm just put your phone in horizontal on table
- New e-mail alarm
- New feed from EMSC.eu
- Auto update earthquakes list
- Notifications new earthquakes
- New levels (alarm & sesitivity) for more precision
- 12 audio alarms
- Fullscreen seismograph in landscape with GPS info (you can disable it on options)
- On/Off from siren icon
- Notifications with more information
NOTE: This is the last version for iOS 7.0 (iPhone4)
Ratings and Reviews
I like it
Needs this feature
This is a nice app but what it really needs is the ability to utilize the iPhone accelerometer to detect earthquakes and automatically share that data to the cloud and/or the USGS.
Only when enough similar readings are detected from a certain region within a narrow timeframe would the data be considered legitimate and then be pushed back out to the map for all users to view.
The app could also be active only at certain times of the day/night that the user defines. As well as only be active when connected to pre-defined wifi networks. Such as Home or work.
Another option would be to only take accelerometer reading when it is plugged into power (such as when on your night stand or connected to a computer USB).
The app could also use the iPhone GPS to disable sensor reading when moving. As well as only record seismic data when the app detects the iPhone is laying flat on its back.
Another option would be to disable the seismic sensor data output when a face is detected with the front facing camera.
Requiring the app to be running in the foreground would also further prevent false readings.
This could easily, quickly, and cheaply create a huge network of seismographs around the world.
It can actually detect earthquakes, as it uses your iPhone's shaking detector to detect it. So when you shake it, it can create very funny things. It really works, but it depends if San Andreas (movie reference)happens. Then we are all doomed 😂
- Stefano Russello
- 32.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Stefano Russello
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.