By Walgreen Co.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featuring Refill by Scan and QuickPrints, the Walgreens App makes life easier. Refill prescriptions faster, get photo prints in about an hour, and know the deals before you shop.
Universal app for iPhone and iPad.
• Refill by Scan* - Simply scan the barcode on your prescription bottle for instant refills
• Pill Reminder – Create and manage reminders that alert you when it’s time to take your prescription, over-the-counter medications and vitamins
• Transfer Prescription – Easily transfer your prescriptions to Walgreens
• Refill Reminders – Get alerts when it’s time to refill your prescriptions
• Pharmacy Chat – Our experts are ready around-the-clock to answer your questions
• Healthcare Clinic – Find a Healthcare Clinic near you, search available appointment times, and easily schedule an appointment
• QuickPrints – Print photos from your phone, Facebook, Instagram, and Walgreens albums and pick up at your local Walgreens in about an hour!
• Photo Editing – Edit your photos using filters and editing tools
• Photo Cards – Create personalized photo cards from your phone Facebook and Instagram albums. Choose from a variety of seasonal templates, add text, print to your local Walgreens, and pick up in about an hour
• Collage – Choose from unique layouts to create a collage with photos from your phone, Facebook and Instagram albums. Print to Walgreens and pick up in about an hour
• Posters and Canvas – Make your photos larger than life
BALANCE REWARDS FEATURES
• Create a Balance Rewards account, log in and add your Balance Rewards card to Passbook
• Select your preferred Walgreens location and when you’re near that store, Passbook will display your Balance Rewards card
• Scan your mobile card at checkout to earn points, check your point status and apply savings from your clipped coupons
• View and manage your clipped coupons
BALANCE REWARDS FOR HEALTHY CHOICES™
• Become a member and get points for logging activities and setting goals
• Set goals and log activity for Walking, Running, Frequency or Tracking Weight
• Get exclusive product offers and other great rewards
• Weekly Ad & Coupons - Access exclusive deals and offers and find big savings in our Weekly Ad. Clip manufacturers’ coupons and coupons from the Weekly Ad straight to your Balance Rewards card and easily redeem when you shop in store
• In-Store Experience – Easily access all the tools you need when you shop in store.
• Store Maps – Use your Shopping List to locate items in store and map out your shopping trip
• Promos and Offers – Find exclusive mobile deals and offers
• Barcode Scanner - Learn more about our products by scanning product barcodes or QR codes from our paper Weekly Ads
• Product Search – Set your preferred store and search your store’s inventory
• Store Filters – Search for a store based on features like 24 hour locations, Drive-thru Pharmacies and more
There is no charge to download the Walgreens app, but specified rates from your wireless provider and other fees as noted in your Walgreens account agreement(s) still apply.
*Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
** Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. Points will not be awarded to anyone who currently is or was at any time in the 6 months prior to purchasing Pharmacy Items covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or any other government-funded healthcare program. Pharmacy Items must be purchased at participating Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, Duane Reade, or Walgreens Pharmacy locations ("Participating Stores") to earn points. Excludes Pharmacy Items purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies and prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. See Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details
What's New in Version 5.1.1
This release contains several bug fixes. An extra thank you to customers for providing valuable feedback that helped us spot issues and get them corrected!
• Fixed a crash for iOS6 when accessing Refill by Scan and the Product Scanner
• Fixed a crash for iOS6 users when attempting to order photo prints
Fast and Easy Prescriptions
I love this app because it makes getting my prescriptions a fast, easy, and worry-free process!
There are multiple ways to refill a prescription. The one I use, the easiest way, is to "Refill from Account" which you can do for any prescription you have filled through Walgreens.
And you can choose any pickup day/time you want (sometimes even the same day!) and any pickup location! Even if you've never used that location before.
You have access to all of the information about each of your prescriptions such as when and where you have filled the prescription in the past, the number of refills remaining, the prescribing doctor, the number of pills, and even drug facts!
My favorite thing about it is that you can check the status of a pending refill submission by logging onto the app or signing up for Rx text, phone and/or email alerts which tell you that a refill has been received and alerts you when it's ready and if it has been delayed.
I also like how if I request a refill on an Rx with 0 refills, Walgreens will contact my doctor in order to refill it and that Rx can be ready in almost the same amount of time as a regular refill!
I love this app for refilling my Rxs. I like the ease and the text reminders (if timely and not overkill!). I have read the other reviews and realize I should be using this app for way more than Rx refills. My only complaint (not really the app, WGs IT) is that when I go to a doctor and the new Rx is sent electronically, WGs automatically fills it without verifying I even need it yet and I get a ton of texts and emails reminding me it's ready for pick up. Somehow the technology surely, surely can see my last pick up date, amount and know I do not need it yet. My REAL concern is what's happening with my insurance co. Do they think I am only paying a co-pay when I should be paying in full? Because it's too soon to get refill? On a more positive not, I do love the detail the app provides for each Rx. The number of refills and the cost!
Good, but too many features and it's glitchy
The app will accomplish the task of checking your balance rewards points or using a variety of services from Walgreens (17 App-style buttons on their main screen). Some of those buttons seem repetitive, or the menu could definitely be simplified specifically so you don't have to scroll up to see all of the features. One thing I noticed is that switching between tabs in the app causes my system brightness to change. Some screens look grayed out because the brightness goes all the way down when I switch to that tab, and it pops back up when I switch to another. still works, just affects the brightness. The problem is if I exit the app from the tab that lowered the brightness, then the brightness of my screen stays low after exiting.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 03, 2015
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 52.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Walgreen Co.
- © 2015 Walgreen Co. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.