The Walking Dead: Road to Survival is the official strategy RPG game of The Walking Dead. Join Rick, Michonne and other iconic Walking Dead characters and build your ultimate team of survivors as you battle through the zombie apocalypse.
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival is the definitive zombie strategy RPG game, brought to you by Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comic series.
Fight for survival against walkers and humans alike and use strategy against enemies in this adventure RPG. Build a town to keep the walkers at bay, but be warned – the horrors that lurk outside aren’t the only threat.
Based on an all-new story from award-winning Walking Dead writer Jay Bonansinga. Make uncompromising decisions and develop your survival strategy.
THE WALKING DEAD: ROAD TO SURVIVAL FEATURES:
Fight Walkers & Survivors
• Battle fierce opponents and use your best survival strategy
• Headshot! Land critical hits and deal crippling blows to zombies and your enemies
• Attack with special melee and ranged attacks using deadly weapons like Michonne’s katana
Alliances and PvP RPG gameplay
• Raid enemies: Choose you battle strategy to raid enemy players for their resources
• Factions: Forge an alliance with other players to help each other through battles
• Territories: You and your Faction fight to claim and hold valuable land and resources by enemies
• All Out War: Face off against other Factions around the world in the ultimate limited time events
Strategy RPG - Capitalize on Strengths & Exploit Weaknesses
• Battle strategy is key to scoring powerful hits – but watch out for retaliating strikes
• Your battle strategy needs to keep the Survivors of Woodbury safe – Strike to win
Upgrade Your Survivors
• Level up and customize Survivors to enhance their weapons and skills
• RPG progression makes your Survivors stronger to cut down more walkers
• Collect new Survivors from The Walking Dead universe, each with their own specialized battle strategy
Maps & Locations From The Walking Dead
• Explore a new 3D map featuring real locations from the comics
Build your Base & Expand into the Wasteland
• Build and maintain your community of houses to hold Survivors, a Town Hall, a Workshop and more
Battle in Iconic The Walking Dead Locations
• Fight alongside your faction for control of well-known areas
• Battle, conquer and defend locations like Alexandria, Woodbury, Sanctuary and more
Live In-Game Events
• Play to obtain valuable resources and new, exclusive Survivors
Walkers tear at your city walls while desperate Survivors rip apart the town’s foundations from the inside. When the time comes to fight, what will you choose?
Get your Faction ready for a fight! The new faction and team-based PvP game mode, Faction Onslaught, has launched!
- Battle other players and factions in this recurring limited time event
- Earn powerful rewards for eliminating your enemies
- Strategize with your team to defeat other factions in PvP combat
- Climb the League leaderboards by earning trophies towards your overall Faction League ranking
Ratings and Reviews
Set in the grim universe of Robert Kirkman’s zombie-infested comic, The Walking Dead: Road to Survival makes you a key player in the struggle for survival. The breadth of things to do and familiar faces will delight franchise fans. Joined by Rick, Michonne, and crew, you’ll fight the undead in harsh turn-based battles—then return to Woodbury (where the ruthless Governor reigns) and spend resources rebuilding the town. An appropriately gritty art style and decision moments that affect the story add even more heat to an already white-hot experience.
PAY TO WIN
As expected, this game is not fair. It is difficult and time consuming to level up fairly, without any money involved but that is expected on PAY TO WIN games.
However there are some aspects in the game that just make it ridiculous. For example the raid system to me, seems unfair. I have just started a new game and when raid became available to me, I tried it out and immediately, my first 3 games I was matched with people who had better and more elite characters/weapons than my beginning characters. The tournaments are unfair as well. Again, this is a PAY TO WIN game, so the tournament only reward to people who are already way ahead of everyone else. Read that carefully, unless you have spent a ridiculous amount of time and money into this game, the tournaments mean nothing. You will see it all over your screen when logging in and you’ll see tournaments of every kind everywhere.
Oh, and as for the PAY TO WIN option, don’t put any money into this game. Or if you do, DO NOT GAMBLE. The game makes it seem like you’ve got a good chance to score something good but in reality it’s like winning a lottery. And say you did get a decent character. You’ll have to slave away, roll the dice, and possibly pay the money for the extremely rare equipments to level up the characters (yes, once you finally get a super rare/remotely rare character, you’ll need super rare/remotely rare items before upgrading them).
Not bad for what it is.
I have been playing this game for a little less than a month and have spent maybe 10 whole dollars on it and I am now number four in the gold league for my region. And depending on what has happened since the last time I looked at least in the top 20 for survival Road for the same. I bring this up because all of the people who are whingeing about how you can’t get anywhere unless you pay lots and lots of money are FOS. I will let you figure out that acronym. You don’t have to pay to play with this one you just have to play smart. A little money doesn’t hurt but based on the gameplay I have experienced it isn’t necessary either. And I say this as someone in the industry that works for a competitor that thinks they found a better balance In between rewarding the people who pay and thus pay their salaries and letting the people without money play and still enjoy it. It is a good game. That I got sucked into because one of my kids said oh you’ll like this one even though I hated the TV show but he knew I like the comics and he was right. Give it a shot. No one is making you spend money… So play it without doing that and see
- Scopely - Top Free Apps and Games LLC
- 147.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Scopely Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 1 $4.99
- Pack 4 $29.99
- Pack 6 $99.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.