By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get ready to explore West Tennessee like you’ve never seen it before on the Walking Tall Trail. On the surface, it’s a collection of charming small towns, mom-and-pop eateries, courthouse squares and barbecue gems. Dig a little deeper, and you’ll uncover the fascinating stories, people and places that have shaped American history and culture. See the sites in Memphis and examine the role it has played in American civil rights, entertainment and industry. Head out of town to explore stories of slavery and war, early freedom and blues culture. Use this app to discover the hidden gems of Memphis and West Tennessee. Customize your trail experience and share your journey with friends.
Let this app be your guide to more than 121 points of interest along Walking Tall. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the Walking Tall app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About Walking Tall
Walking Tall, a Discover Tennessee Trails and Byways Initiative, is defined by larger-than-life figures: explorers, railroad men, music pioneers, writers, rockers, crime fighters, generals and dreamers. Follow the skirmishes and struggles of the Civil War in homes, churches, and courthouses, as well as the beautifully preserved battlefield of Shiloh. Explore the natural beauty of rivers, lakes, State Natural Areas and five Tennessee State Parks, among the best in the nation. Follow the trail from start to finish, or hop on and off as you choose. This is trail for explorers, those who love the charm of small towns, the satisfaction of home cooking, the ghosts of history and the thrill of a good road trip.
Walking Tall begins in downtown Memphis and meanders through Collierville, Rossville, LaGrange, Grand Junction, Selmer, Bethel Springs, Adamsville, Shiloh, Savannah, Lexington and Jackson. You can choose to visit only points of interest on the trail, or explore one or more of the off-trail loops along the way.
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.