WalkJogRun GPS Running Routes
By Almost Awesome Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only GPS running app accurate enough to offer reliable pace coaching helping you cross the finish line on goal pace!
Find running routes, track your run with GPS and monitor your progress over time.
Find the safest routes to run, exercise without injury and stay motivated, whether you need a change of scenery or are on vacation and unfamiliar with your surroundings. WalkJogRun has the most accurate iPhone GPS and more than 2 million running routes available worldwide, or you can create your own. It’s the perfect companion to use when working out!
* "WalkJogRun helped me discover a new route in my neighborhood that had me sightseeing (and dodging crowds) along Broadway. It also brought me back to another route I haven’t run in years." Lauren Goode, "Three Running Apps to Shake Up Your Routine" AllThingsD.com
* "If you're an experienced runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, "Four Killer iPhone Apps for Runners" CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn’t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated." Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
* Find routes - where you are or wherever you travel from over 2 million worldwide
* Popular routes - we've aggregated public GPS sessions to show all the running route hotspots around the world.
* Create routes - got your own route? Map it out in the app or just run it with the GPS tracker and then save it as a route
* Follow a route on the map while tracking your workout with the GPS (not turn by turn voice alerts)
* GPS tracking - so accurate it deserves it’s own bullet point :-) Works with Bluetooth low energy heart monitors, tracks steps/cadence if you’re lucky enough to own a iPhone 5S, ascent/descent and announces your progress every mile/km or custom distance.
* Pace coaching - pick a goal pace for a workout or race and we'll tell you when to speed up and when to slow down to get to your goal.
* Log training sessions - with or without our incredible GPS tracker you can log workouts to your free account and track your training on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or online at walkjogrun.net
* Analyze your training - by activity, by year, by month or by week
* 23 free training plans - created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners world we’ve got 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for the absolute beginner trying to walk or run your first 5k to the advanced runner trying to get a new PR for the marathon.
* Incredible articles - our team of writers are all avid runners providing tips on everything you need to stay healthy and get the most out of walking or running as a lifestyle. Topics include recipes, injury prevention and treatment, racing, yoga for runners, training strategies, motivation, safety, running gear reviews and the science behind running.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area or track their training.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
Thanks for using the app and all your feedback. This release primarily addresses bugs we heard about. If you've experienced other stuff please let us know.
Fixed settings bug making it hard to work with km instead of miles
Fixed crashes introduced with the last update
Increased the set of saved preferences to make it easier to use the app and share them between your devices.
Sharing your workouts now saves higher resolution images of the map of your workout.
The next release is going to bring back bluetooth heart rate monitor integration, quick actions to launch the GPS from the home screen and touch ID to make logging in easier.
It used to be a good app, but after the update it forces you to login to use. All fine and good, except it won't let you create an account much less login. Rendering the app useless. The only reason I gave it two stars over one, was because when it did work, it was actually a really good app.
Good app for me and tracking my pace and mileage. The pace updates could occur less frequently, especially when you are ahead of your set pace.