WalkJogRun GPS Running Routes
By Almost Awesome Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only GPS running app accurate enough to offer reliable pace coaching helping you cross the finish line on goal pace!
Find running routes, track your run with GPS and monitor your progress over time.
Find the safest routes to run, exercise without injury and stay motivated, whether you need a change of scenery or are on vacation and unfamiliar with your surroundings. WalkJogRun has the most accurate iPhone GPS and more than 2 million running routes available worldwide, or you can create your own. It’s the perfect companion to use when working out!
* "WalkJogRun helped me discover a new route in my neighborhood that had me sightseeing (and dodging crowds) along Broadway. It also brought me back to another route I haven’t run in years." Lauren Goode, "Three Running Apps to Shake Up Your Routine" AllThingsD.com
* "If you're an experienced runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, "Four Killer iPhone Apps for Runners" CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn’t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated." Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
* Find routes - where you are or wherever you travel from over 2 million worldwide
* Popular routes - we've aggregated public GPS sessions to show all the running route hotspots around the world.
* Create routes - got your own route? Map it out in the app or just run it with the GPS tracker and then save it as a route
* Follow a route on the map while tracking your workout with the GPS (not turn by turn voice alerts)
* GPS tracking - so accurate it deserves it’s own bullet point :-) Works with Bluetooth low energy heart monitors, tracks steps/cadence if you’re lucky enough to own a iPhone 5S, ascent/descent and announces your progress every mile/km or custom distance.
* Pace coaching - pick a goal pace for a workout or race and we'll tell you when to speed up and when to slow down to get to your goal.
* Log training sessions - with or without our incredible GPS tracker you can log workouts to your free account and track your training on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or online at walkjogrun.net
* Analyze your training - by activity, by year, by month or by week
* 23 free training plans - created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners world we’ve got 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for the absolute beginner trying to walk or run your first 5k to the advanced runner trying to get a new PR for the marathon.
* Incredible articles - our team of writers are all avid runners providing tips on everything you need to stay healthy and get the most out of walking or running as a lifestyle. Topics include recipes, injury prevention and treatment, racing, yoga for runners, training strategies, motivation, safety, running gear reviews and the science behind running.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area or track their training.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
Thanks for using the app! Since our last update was released over 207,000 miles have been logged with the GPS and members finished 141 races. We've fixed every bug that has been reported and added some great new features!
* Pace coaching. Pick a goal pace for a workout or race and we'll tell you when to speed up and when to slow down to get to your goal.
* Popular routes. We've aggregated public GPS sessions to show all the running route hotspots around the world.
* Better training plan management. We've made it easier for you to remove old training programs to make sure you can stay focused on your current goal.
* GPS tips. If you're having trouble getting a signal at the start of a workout we'll show a tip bubble with suggestions to get you going.
* Recently viewed route lists. If you're like me you're a creature of habit so the list of routes and distances you look at regularly are now bookmarked for easier access online and offline.
* Unsaved session indicator. If you've ever got back from a run outside your house you've seen our message that we're temporarily unable to send your workout to the server due to weak or absent internet. We've always saved the workouts but we get a lot of feedback that you don't know where to find them! We've added an "unsaved session" badge to the create routes tab to show you when there are workouts that need to be sent to the server. You'll be able to select each workout and resubmit it from inside your house, office or gym when the internet signal or wifi is stronger.
Happy running and let us know if you've got any feedback for any of the new features at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and happy spring running season!
The WalkJogRun team.
Worth the $5 especially if you are a site member
I'm a member of the site, and I love having my routes at my fingertips instead of having to log on to my computer when I can't remember a certain route. I'm excited to try some other people's routes when I travel, and I might switch up my training routine and try one of the Coach Jenny plans. Again, it is nice to have the app and not worry about having to boot up my laptop to enjoy my walkjogrun perks. Nice job with the functionality; I think it's easy to use and intuitive. I anxiously await any updates!
Love this app!
This app has so many great features.
I have used it to find routes when on the road, make routes for my self, share my activities with friends, and gps track my hikes, and runs.
I use this app a lot for tracking my hikes and find it to be very accurate. It's awesome to be able to track the details of distance, elevation, time and see your routes when hiking especially cause I use old logging roads and jeep trails. Now instead of guessing the distances I am traveling I can see it exactly.
I can use the map function to see my routes in satellite view, topographical, or maps view.
When I have had a problem or question about the app the developers have responded to my questions within 24 hours, which I think is cool.
There are just so many awesome functions to the app. I love it. I bet you will to.
Almost never starts the 1st time
I love how accurate this app is... when it's working. The last few times I've used it I've had to start it, close the app, then re-open the app and start again. Usually. The last time I did this was at the start of a 5K. I noticed half way through the race that I wasn't hearing my pace which I have set to announce every .5 miles. So, I looked at the app (while trying to not slow down in the race) to find that it quit after 4 seconds. Not cool. I ended up having my best 5K time, with no help from this app. It would have been nice to have known my pace so I could have pushed myself harder.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 30, 2014
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Almost Awesome Inc.
- © 2014 Almost Awesome Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.