Walmart App: Shopping, Savings Catcher, & More
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Our award-winning app saves you time and money online and at your local Walmart for shopping millions of items at unbeatable prices.
Check out the app’s great features:
* Savings Catcher compares prices on your eligible purchases with any lower prices in your area. We’ll give you any difference on an eGift card!
* Pharmacy for ordering, transferring, and tracking prescriptions and refills.
* Baby and wedding registries. Easily find and buy the right gift — no more duplicates! Try scanning in the store to create a registry.
* Wish lists for any occasion. Create and manage a list for yourself or for someone else, and even share your lists on social media.
* Faster pickup at the store by checking in first with your device.
* Special savings — be the first to learn about them! Set your device’s settings to receive notifications. Check our weekly ad and Rollbacks.
* Find locations, in-store inventory, aisle locations, and store hours.
Save money. Live better.
What's New in Version 6.9
• Now you can decide what types of notifications you receive from Walmart. After enabling Notifications in your device’s Settings, just sign in to the Walmart app, go to Account > Notifications, and modify your preferences.
• Savings Catcher users, we heard you loud and clear — receipt scanning is back on the app's home screen!
Again, voiceover issues
If this was the first time that Walmart ever forgot about those of us who use VoiceOver, it would be excusable, but when trying to get to the pharmacy, everything is one button when VoiceOver is turned on, and only takes users of VoiceOver, people with visual impairments, learning disabilities, and other disabilities, to the registry. This makes it impossible for those of us who have to use VoiceOver to do things like fill prescriptions, because we can't even get to the pharmacy in the app. Also, when doing a search for an item, it keeps us in one department, rather than searching all departments, and will not scroll through all of the departments if we want to look at items in a specific department so that we can actually shop. This does not do Walmart any favors if we can't shop either. What is noteworthy here is, I not only wrote to Walmart, my reviews of the last two versions of the app also brought this to light, and I called customer service and they supposedly put in a complaint about this problem, and it still exists in this version. This is now the third version of the app where this problem still exists, and obviously Walmart does not care.
Savings Catcher receipts features
I love the app and the ability to have all of my Walmart receipts in one central place. However, when the app was overhauled last month, the ability to search Savings Catcher was removed. Customers used to be able to go to Savings Catcher - Your Receipts - pull down the screen - search by item name or UPC. Now we have to try and remember when an item was purchased and search each receipt around that time frame in order to do a return. Please bring the search feature back as it is quite difficult to find receipts without it.
Also, as an avid Walmart shopper, I have about 200 receipts on my results page. It takes 25 seconds from when I click Savings Catcher to when the list of receipts loads. Can there be a way for receipts to automatically purge or archive after some time? Or improve the processing time? My first receipt is from August 17, 2014, almost 2 years ago. I have no use for it now.
Once the search feature and load time issues are resolved, I will improve my rating.
I really do like this app however there are a few problems I have with this app. My biggest is that there is no access to the photo department without going into the browser! Walmart really needs to add that option to the current app or have a separate one. I would like to be able to use the app not only to upload pictures but to work on projects. (ie photo books, blankets, cups....) I would make it 5 stars if they would improve the photo department! I love the ability to scan an item and find out the price! The savings catcher is a very nice touch and has come in handy and pushed A LOT of my friends, who wouldn't down load the app before, to download the app! I hope the new changes with the savings catcher aren't to drastic, I liked it how it was personally.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: May 16, 2016
- Version: 6.9
- Size: 50.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Walmart
- © 2012 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.