WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR: THE APP
Your companion to the world's greatest fantasy miniatures game
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App is your indispensable companion to collecting miniatures and gaming in the Age of Sigmar. Whether you want to read about the history, heroes and great battles of the Mortal Realms, learn the rules of the game, or assemble a mighty army and use it to crush your foes on the field of battle, this app contains everything you need.
ABOUT THE APP
Whether you collect the models, read the background or play the game, Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App is the ideal companion to your hobby. Off the battlefield, you can download and read a wide range of Warhammer Age of Sigmar resources, from every unit's warscroll to entire battletomes and other books – and even individual battleplans, Realm of Battle rules, allegiance abilities and much more!
You can browse and organise warscrolls for your units for easy access, check out the rules for new additions to your collection, and find links to buy models on Games Workshop's webstore. And with the Azyr Army Builder subscription, you can craft an army that will conquer the Mortal Realms.
While you're playing a game, the My Battle tool becomes your one-stop reference for everything you need. Choose a battleplan from among those you've unlocked, add Realm of Battle rules, consult your allegiance abilities and, of course, have all your warscrolls at your fingertips so you’ll never forget that crucial rule that could mean the difference between bitter defeat and glorious victory!
Warscrolls: Browse a complete archive of warscrolls for every model in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar range, all specially formatted to be easy to read on your device. Each warscroll displays when it was last updated, so you know you're using the most recent iteration of your rules.
My Library: Browse a library of all your purchased books, ready for you to download and read – and with easy links to the store to buy more books you may like.
My Battle: Select warscrolls that are in your army, along with your battleplan, Realm of Battle rules and allegiance abilities, and have everything you need at your fingertips for easy reference as you play.
Rules: Read the full core rules for the game, designed for your device.
Azyr Army Builder: Make army lists designed for open, narrative or matched play, with all the options and artefacts from your battletome. Personalise your list and export it to print or share. Note: This feature requires a subscription, available through an in-app purchase.
Price per month - £0.99 / $0.99 / €0.99
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your ‘Account Settings’ after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Read the rules for the latest release from Forge World: Chaos Dragon Vorgaroth the Scarred and Skalok, the Skull Host of Khorne. His warscroll and Matched Play profile are now available with this latest update.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall a good app with comments
1. The list building portion needs to have named characters added to the options. You can’t edit the army points value without creating a new army. The allegiance abilities work better than in the previous version. Overall a very easy list building tool just needs some polish.
2. I cannot locate any war scrolls for any of the scenery including the new ones in the Generals Handbook. All of this needs to be added.
3. The war scroll format is not great the font size and colors choices make it a harder than it should be to read. The color selections for text boxes could be better.
4. I had purchased what were the Allegiance packs and now those purchases are no longer available which means all the battalions that I had access to I now need to buy the appropriate battle tome.
1. The created a library tab for any content you buy - this is a huge improvement. There is also a link to a store for the digital content no need to go to Black Library anymore.
2. Lots of updates being pushed. They are working really hard to fix and clean it up. Great job GW.
Not the worst app but pretty bad
This app is a worse version of iBooks and BattleScribe combined in one. I see no reason to ever buy a Battletome from here again. It is cumbersome, weirdly slow, and the worst offense is how out of date the warscrolls are, if the warscroll is there at all, particularly the named characters. I want to like this app and support GW. There are good aspects, for example it is nice having access to all the warscrolls, but this is held back by the strange way it hides battalion rules (except for the ones you purchase) and listing artifacts and spells seems good except there are no rules for these at all (even if you own them). This app is a disappointment and I would get a refund if I could.
Update: Also, despite the fact that I bought the new Stormcast tome, I cannot view battalions. This app is just a series of new disappointments.
Beginning to reconsider my investment in this app, having purchased most of the codex I am beginning to notice errors that are corrected in the printed books. I see this as a problem considering the digital media could and SHOULD be constantly updated and correct. The value of the digital media is that I don’t have to carry 8 books around with me and having the Azyr sub makes list building awesome. I have a load of suggestions for improvement and many items that need to be corrected. FAQs should automatically baked in and be fully transparent as well. Is there a way I can see these items corrected or should I attempt a refund so I can purchase the correct content in physical format?
- Games Workshop PLC
- 61 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Games Workshop Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Azyr Subscription $0.99
- The General's Handbook $11.99
- Generals Handbook 2017 $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.