By Randy Ficker
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WarLight is a customizable Risk-like strategy game where you compete with your friends to conquer the world.
- Asynchronous games: WarLight games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time. Take your turns when it's convenient and WarLight will wait for you.
- No microtransactions: WarLight won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. You win or lose WarLight games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows WarLight games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Customizable: WarLight has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Maps: WarLight has hundreds of hand-made maps to choose from, with more being added all the time. Or you can design your own!
- Strategic battles and tournaments: WarLight has a finely-tuned 1v1 and 2v2 experience, which makes for great competitive play.
- Cards: WarLight has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Abandon Card, and more!
- Luck is controllable: The luck modifier allows you to control how much luck affects your game.
- Tournaments: Create your own tournaments and compete!
- Ladders: WarLight has three ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
What's New in Version 3.17.1
Amazing Strategy Game!!
War light is by far, the best strategy game on the App Store (even better than my last favorite strategy game, European War 4). The whole design of the game is genius. The online mode works flawlessly and there are an incredible amount of maps to play on. One of my favorite parts of the game is the simplicity of it. The settings are perfect and the maps too. Also, one thing that I love about this game is the level rankings. It shows who has the most experience in War Light and gives you a ranking. My favorite part of the game is the customization of the settings. If you create your own game, you can control so many parts of the game's settings like from how many players can join to the advantage or disadvantage of attacking or defending. I would type some suggestions to improve the game but I can't think of any because the game is perfect in my mind. Thank you creators of War Light for making an incredible strategy game and for giving me something fun to do when bored.
Great game but lacking on mobile
This game is a great strategy MMO/RPG. It has a community that has helped the game grow with tons of maps and scenarios. It is an online game so you get toxic players of course but for the most part the community is good. Easily the best part about the game is Diplomacy games. You get to rewrite history while roleplaying as a nation. There are Free for all games of that what you like but definitely the main stay of the game is Diplos. If you play this on mobile you do get some pros. Mostly accessibility and then speed. You can make your moves faster, that's about it. You feel like a second class citizen on mobile after playing the pc version. You don't get the vital information or just entire features like you do on pc. It has been said that this should be remedied in 2017 but it's over half way through the year so I doubt that will happen. I recommend getting this game on both platforms. Mobile for accessibility and pc for features.
Great game, could use super small tweaks.
Me and my best friend have been playing this game since probably 2013, we could really use a notification setup for when we're playing matches against other people. I'm a photographer and I work a lot in social media/on my phone, so I frequently close the app to do other things. If I could get notifications when I close the app so I know when to make my turn again that'd be cool. There's other tiny tweaks it could use, can't think of them right now cuz they're minuscule. It's a great game, I frequently recommend it to people so they can play with me.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 24, 2016
- Version: 3.17.1
- Size: 101 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Randy Ficker
- © WarLight, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases